Another crazy price increase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I buy 3 bags or 150 lbs of chicken feed every 2 weeks. Shawnee mill feed 18% layer pellets. 2 weeks ago a bag was $14.00 the last purchase was $14.71 a bag. A single buddy told me that every item he buys from wally went up $ .48 so his usual $60 bill was $90. Another buddy with wife and 3 kids was telling me Heinz and company will be raising their prices 30% here shortly. Hope & change. We are GOING to see some real change by 2024. At least those who don't expire by then.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha, inflation is the topic because it's right in front of us, really can't miss it in our day to day. Wait until people notice we're in a massive financial bubble across most assets.
the fed announced that it is going to STOP!! Q.E. and raise interest in march. with 3 more rate increases this year. the Q.E. i think has been between 50 and 60 BILLION per month.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought distilled water at Crest Foods. It was 68 cents recently, now it's 98 cents per gallon.

I go through a gallon every 7 or 8 days. I'd better grab a couple more.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I buy 3 bags or 150 lbs of chicken feed every 2 weeks. Shawnee mill feed 18% layer pellets. 2 weeks ago a bag was $14.00 the last purchase was $14.71 a bag. A single buddy told me that every item he buys from wally went up $ .48 so his usual $60 bill was $90. Another buddy with wife and 3 kids was telling me Heinz and company will be raising their prices 30% here shortly. Hope & change. We are GOING to see some real change by 2024. At least those who don't expire by then.
Yea, I usually buy 100 lbs every two weeks 18% layer pellets. Last week bought 600 lbs cause I was told it was going up next week. Creep feed, breeder cubes and hay prices have all increased. Direct correlation with gas prices and shipping.
Let's Go Brandon!

StitchJones

Ayatollah of Rock-and-Roll-a
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the fed announced that it is going to STOP!! Q.E. and raise interest in march. with 3 more rate increases this year. the Q.E. i think has been between 50 and 60 BILLION per month.
I don't think q&e will ever end. I guess it technically could but it would have to be after some other major event/events that a major decline of our economy wouldn't be a big deal.

Problem is, they've infused so much stimulus money into the economy for all the covid stuff, it created bubbles everywhere. This is on top of q&e.

Fooling around with interest rates when pulling stimulus will be interesting to say the least.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Creep feed, breeder cubes and hay prices have all increased. Direct correlation with gas prices and shipping.
Hay prices aren't really affected by fuel prices now (unless you're getting it delivered)--everything that's available for sale was cut and baled months ago. The hay prices are being forced up by the drought and the fact that the supply won't start growing (ha!) again until May.

Latest posts

Top Bottom