Another Electric Bill Increase ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And how many here will keep wishing we get a hard freeze every winter?
I never wish it on us, mostly the NE region of the country. They use way more fossil fuels for heating than we do, so I am ok with them driving my bonuses while I avoid breaking ice.

Kidding of course. I do prefer a real winter, though not really prolonged temps below 0. This 50-60* nonsense really cheats me out of my favorite season though.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Utilities do seem to have us by the short curlies. Wife and I moved from Yorba Linda, Ca and in the three years preceding the YLWD raised our water rates four times. First they implemented a five tear billing schedule based on usage to “encourage” people to conserve and it got really expensive really fast with everyone’s bills going up about 30%. Then after about a year we received word that due to a reduction in usage the utility could not afford to maintain the water system and they needed to raise our rates again. A year later they told us we could only water our yards twice a week on assigned days and we all complied due to the threat of being cited. Son of a gun 6-9 months later they’re raising rates again due to a reduction in water usage and could no longer go afford to maintain the systems. Oh! The Execs. of YLWD all managed to give themselves hefty bonuses and raises. Total corruption.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer a good freeze for about a week. Gotta kill off the less intelligent bugs at least. Give me 1 week every February where it's 0-12 degrees and then keep it 60-80 the rest of the winter. That's a perfect winter. It can snow one day, Christmas, but that's all.

One thing we recently did is get a new 95% efficiency gas furnace. It made a huge difference in our heating bill. Cost me about $2000 out the door.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah i got the email this morning also and i say since Biden caused all this send him the bill for it. But i know im just wasting my breathe and thought process to even think it since they dont have to pay for anything anyway we all have to pay for it all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom