Another Electric Bill Increase ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you. It is, quite frankly, a load of **** that any utility ignore regular maintenance/upgrades and then cry foul when everything falls apart.
My company hasn’t ignored regular maintenance and upgrades. We are 100% regulated. We are required by law to do certain things. And if we don’t, we get massive fines for it. I can’t even tell you how many miles of pipe we have that we are trying to replace. And we have been for years. It takes alot of time and resources to do it. It’s not something we can accomplish quickly or we would have already finished it. I understand the frustration of people when their bills rise. Heck, my electric bill has increased quite a bit. I ain’t happy about it. But it is what it is. My own family complains to me about their gas bills. Like I can do anything about it. Another thing we have to consider is doing things safely. When pipelines are being replaced there is a huge risk involved. People have died because of explosions. It can wipe out entire blocks or worse. It isn’t something we just rush into doing. I wish people knew how much training we have to go through and tests we have to take to be able to work in the field. Especially to work on pipelines and regulator stations.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When pipelines are being replaced there is a huge risk involved. People have died because of explosions. It can wipe out entire blocks or worse.
Boy isn’t that the truth. A neighbor 3 doors down was having backhoe work done in his front yard when all of a sudden you could hear what sounded like a large air compressor blasting air and in about 8 seconds we smelled gas in the house. 😳 Apparently someone had located the gas line in the wrong place and they ripped up the line running from the street to the house before the meter. FD showed up right away and evacuated the area.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boy isn’t that the truth. A neighbor 3 doors down was having backhoe work done in his front yard when all of a sudden you could hear what sounded like a large air compressor blasting air and in about 8 seconds we smelled gas in the house. 😳 Apparently someone had located the gas line in the wrong place and they ripped up the line running from the street to the house before the meter. FD showed up right away and evacuated the area.
I don’t know if anyone on here has ever been around that situation but I have, I about passed out in a couple seconds. We had some employees die years ago when they were down in a trench working on a line and didn’t have their respirators on and the line blew and within seconds they passed out. They died in that trench unfortunately.

Latest posts

Top Bottom