Another Electric Bill Increase ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OG&E is trying to recoup from the coldest winter in the US 2 winters ago. "Profit" is not what we all think is profit. They are making up for lost costs. we were all told this would happen and why. The corporation commission is there to regulate this.

On a side note, I recently got new windows and a back door from Renewal by Anderson and it has made a huge difference in keeping my house comfortably warm in winter and cool in summer. Cost of utilities has shrunk and I cant hear any outside noise anymore. I highly recommend them. The service and install was top notch, as is the 20-year warranty on them.

Last edited:

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Utilities do seem to have us by the short curlies. Wife and I moved from Yorba Linda, Ca and in the three years preceding the YLWD raised our water rates four times. First they implemented a five tear billing schedule based on usage to “encourage” people to conserve and it got really expensive really fast with everyone’s bills going up about 30%. Then after about a year we received word that due to a reduction in usage the utility could not afford to maintain the water system and they needed to raise our rates again. A year later they told us we could only water our yards twice a week on assigned days and we all complied due to the threat of being cited. Son of a gun 6-9 months later they’re raising rates again due to a reduction in water usage and could no longer go afford to maintain the systems. Oh! The Execs. of YLWD all managed to give themselves hefty bonuses and raises. Total corruption.
Yorba Linda, lol. I lived in CA and moved to OK about 10 years ago.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OG&E is trying to recoup from the coldest winter in the US 2 winters ago. "Profit" is not what we all think is profit. They are making up for lost costs. we were all told this would happen and why. The corporation commission is there to regulate this.

On a side note, I recently got new windows and a back door from Renewal by Anderson and it has made a huge difference in keeping my house comfortably warm in winter and cool in summer. Cost of utilities has shrunk and I cant hear any outside noise anymore. I highly recommend them. The service and install was top notch, as in the 20-year warranty on them.
cut cost an arm and a leg.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Utilities do seem to have us by the short curlies. Wife and I moved from Yorba Linda, Ca and in the three years preceding the YLWD raised our water rates four times. First they implemented a five tear billing schedule based on usage to “encourage” people to conserve and it got really expensive really fast with everyone’s bills going up about 30%. Then after about a year we received word that due to a reduction in usage the utility could not afford to maintain the water system and they needed to raise our rates again. A year later they told us we could only water our yards twice a week on assigned days and we all complied due to the threat of being cited. Son of a gun 6-9 months later they’re raising rates again due to a reduction in water usage and could no longer go afford to maintain the systems. Oh! The Execs. of YLWD all managed to give themselves hefty bonuses and raises. Total corruption.
Sorry to hear that the rot just keeps spreading. Yorba Linda was a decent place and still had some sanity when I was out there. I was staying in a house the was on the same hill as Arnold's house (at the top). I remember he got pissed that they wouldn't approve his helipad. Used to drive by John Force's shop on the way to work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom