Another good man passes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georgie 1

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Uncle, Commander John Bullard USN retired died last night. He was my hero as a kid.
He flew hundreds of combat sorties and close air support missions in A1 Skyraiders over Vietnam off the USS Ranger and USS Midway in 1964-67.
He was a squadron commander at Pensacola, having risen up through the ranks from enlisting during Korean war.
When I was a little guy I got to sit in the cockpit of his A1 at Vance AFB when he flew home for my Great Uncle Kenneth's funeral.
He grew up in Waukomis Oklahoma, and after he retired from the Navy he ran the Otasco store in Hennessey. He was an avid shooter, loved to quail hunt.
He gave me awesome mentoring and even helped me get home drunk when I was a teenager and didnt tell my mom, his sister. Good guy with incredible life experiences.
He once got busted at Subic Bay drunk joy riding on a shore patrol Harley. Cool as James Dean....

Georgie 1

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Uncle, Commander John Bullard USN retired died last night. He was my hero as a kid.
He flew hundreds of combat sorties and close air support missions in A1 Skyraiders over Vietnam off the USS Ranger and USS Midway in 1964-67.
He was a squadron commander at Pensacola, having risen up through the ranks from enlisting during Korean war.
When I was a little guy I got to sit in the cockpit of his A1 at Vance AFB when he flew home for my Great Uncle Kenneth's funeral.
He grew up in Waukomis Oklahoma, and after he retired from the Navy he ran the Otasco store in Hennessey. He was an avid shooter, loved to quail hunt.
He gave me awesome mentoring and even helped me get home drunk when I was a teenager and didnt tell my mom, his sister. Good guy with incredible life experiences.
He once got busted at Subic Bay drunk joy riding on a shore patrol Harley. Cool as James Dean....
Sorry for your lose.

Latest posts

Top Bottom