Another great story of how our government is awsome

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the short version. I owed the VA about $600. It went to collection via who ever the government uses. I paid the money on Tues. So today I am still trying to get a zero balance receipt. First I called the debt collector and was told the U.S. Treasury would not allow them to send me a letter saying I do not owe anymore money. I called the treasury and was told that they show a zero balance but since the debt was owed to the VA they could not give me a zero balance receipt. Next I called the VA asked them and they told me I still owed them money and until they got payment from the collection agency they could not give me a zero balance receipt. Then I started the process back over to find out when the VA would get the update. I should have just asked the brick wall next to me when it was going to happen. I have never been so frustrated with people. In 2011 when I can buy stuff from across the world in 3min some how the government can not credit my account in 72 hours.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang that sucks... collection agencies are replete with these kinds of stories. There have been many people who have ended up having to pay multiple times to get things cleared off their credit, because they didn't follow methodical procedures beforehand. Just know that collection agencies nearly all use strongarm tactics, bluff, lie and bully people who don't know any better, and once they get your money, they owe you NOTHING. You ARE nothing to them, and you have very very little recourse to get them to help you. This is why you get things in writing BEFORE you pay them... that's the ONLY time you have any leverage, anything they want.

Dealing with these scum is a long, tedious and frustrating process, but my experience (and that of many many others) has been that you have to play the game by their rules and turn them against them. As I said, once you've paid, you're a non-entity to them, and they couldn't care less about you.

Good luck. :(

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yah you don't mess around though when you owe the feds money, ,they treat you like you shot their dog. They are quick to start stuff if its a decent amount of money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom