Another hiccup with the sig 365 but the P07 was running like a cat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had another problem with the Sig 365 extracting a round today. Different manufacturer (Federal) but same grain (115).
It's not picking up the spent round and causing a near double feed and it's the same problem I had last time I sent it back to sig. Had put well over a thousand rounds through since it's return. but this is getting to be too much. Going to take a close look at it tonight before I decide to send back or request my money back.
On the other hand, the CZ P07 ran great.
Pic 1 is the sig with the spent casing in barrel. Pic two is my P07 doing well at 12 yds. Pic three is P07 at 20 yds. Pic 3 is the sig at 12 yds before the fail.
Sig stuck.jpg

P07 12 yds 8 25.png
P07 20 yds 8 25.png
P365 12 yds 8 25.png

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's an old saying: "One aww crap does away with 100 attaboys". Sounds like it may apply here. On the other hand, I am very pleased with the continued failure-free functioning of my well-used and often-shot Glock 43, and my newest small 9mm, my Walther PPS M2. I'm sorry that your P365 isn't living up to its marketing or your hopes and expectation. Oh well. You're a good shot; a very good shot indeed...and a J-Frame will work pretty much every time, or you could step up to the goodness in several other choices of fine auto-pistols which, may not quite hold 10 rounds, but do enjoy a more savory reputation. I say: "Begone, foul Sig! O harbinger of unreliability, swindler of all that is good in the world of small micro-pistols! Begone with ye, ne'er to waste space in my most secure repository or upon my person...again. Begone!"

Sell the pig, Al. Take a small loss and getcha something that works.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ain't buying one either. There's another forum that they are pretty hardcore on reliability. The rule is that you start with a clean and properly lubed gun. You don't carry it until you have 2000 rounds without any further maintenance and without a malf. I think that's a bit extreme but M&Ps, Glocks, H&Ks, Berettas, Walthers, early Sigs and a few others have no problem hitting that. These little guys don't look like they ever will. Glad I didn't jump in.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ain't buying one either. There's another forum that they are pretty hardcore on reliability. The rule is that you start with a clean and properly lubed gun. You don't carry it until you have 2000 rounds without any further maintenance and without a malf. I think that's a bit extreme but M&Ps, Glocks, H&Ks, Berettas, Walthers, early Sigs and a few others have no problem hitting that. These little guys don't look like they ever will. Glad I didn't jump in.

I was at the gun range this morning with a fellow who shoots a P365 and other Sigs. He shoots the 365 very well and hasn't had any issues as of today. The size and capacity are a nice combination, but the issues that seem to have been a part of many online discussions would make me cautious about buying one now.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read online reviews and disregard most of them. Not talking just about guns, but reviews about everything from travel to guns.
There are a lot of stupid people out there that don't have a clue about what they are talking about, but feel compelled to biatch about it.
Most times, its their inept fault.

Latest posts

Top Bottom