Another hiccup with the sig 365 but the P07 was running like a cat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ain't buying one either. There's another forum that they are pretty hardcore on reliability. The rule is that you start with a clean and properly lubed gun. You don't carry it until you have 2000 rounds without any further maintenance and without a malf. I think that's a bit extreme but M&Ps, Glocks, H&Ks, Berettas, Walthers, early Sigs and a few others have no problem hitting that. These little guys don't look like they ever will. Glad I didn't jump in.

The rule? What rule? Can you post a link? I would like to read some more about this rule and stuff, you know, just for grins and giggles.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@druryj here you go.
2,000 Round Challenge
RULES

* Shooter must use a single pistol (distinct brand, model, caliber, serial number) for the entire 2,000 rounds. Pistol should be properly cleaned and lubricated before the test begins. Any brand pistol, stock or modified (please list all modifications), any caliber.

* Shooter can take as long as necessary (days, weeks, months) to fire 2,000 rounds through the pistol.

* The pistol cannot be cleaned, lubricated, or maintained in any way during the entire 2,000 round test period.

* Shooter can use any type of ammunition: factory, remanufactured, or hand loaded. Shooter can use as many different brands, styles, bullet weights, etc. as necessary as long as all ammunition meets the SAAMI specifications for the caliber of the gun.

* Shooter must report ALL stoppages, malfunctions, and/or parts breakages that occur during the 2,000 round test regardless of cause. This includes any such problems that are deemed "shooter-induced" or "ammunition-induced."

* If a stoppage, malfunction, or breakage may be ammunition-induced, the shooter can follow this procedure (but must still report the actual results with the original test pistol): if the round still has a bullet, powder, and undetonated primer the shooter can attempt to fire the round in a freshly lubricated and cleaned pistol of different brand than the test gun. If the round fails to fire in this second pistol which is clean, lubricated, and not of the same brand, then although the original stoppage or malfunction must be reported it will not count against achieving the "2,000 Round Challenge" success criteria.

DEFINITIONS

Stoppage: Any failure of the pistol to go through its entire cycle of operation. This could include a failure to feed, fire, extract, or eject. A problem qualifies as a Stoppage if and only if the shooter is capable of fixing the problem without the use of any tools, without disassembling the gun in any way (magazine can be removed), and the pistol is in firing condition in less than 30 seconds. For example, a stovepipe or failure of the slide to go fully into battery would be Stoppages. Added 21-Jan-08: Failure to lock back after the last round in a magazine is fired, even if the shooter believes it was caused by an improper grip, is considered a stoppage.

Malfunction: Any failure of the pistol to go through its entire cycle of operation and which requires the use of tools, disassembly of any part of the pistol, and/or takes more than 30 seconds to resolve, but does not require any parts replacement. For example, a dislodged spring or a front sight that falls off the gun would be Malfunctions.

Breakage: Any failure of the pistol to go through its entire cycle of operation and which requires parts replacement (springs, pins, locking block, anything) to resolve. For example, a broken spring or chipped extractor would be Breakages.

A pistol must fire 2,000 consecutive rounds without any cleaning or maintenance or additional lubrication without any stoppages, malfunctions or breakages to qualify as having met the "2,000 Round Challenge."

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?9-2-000-Round-Challenge&p=38&viewfull=1#post38

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think any of my pistols have ever seen a 1000 rounds little lone 2000
I did run over a 1,000 through the 365. I shoot a lot anyway but wanted to put a number through this one when I got it back. I didn't abuse it. Cleaned after every outing, would run about a 100 per outing but would run a few mags and then let it rest as I shot something else. I wasn't (nor do I get) the torture testing thing.
Broke the Sig down last night and did a quick look see. Today I'm going to break completely down, including the mags.
May take her out later and see how she does using the 115 grain. If it fails again, I'll just shoot 124 and run it hard and long and see if I can repeat it. I just think it's a flaw in the extractor or spring. That's a completely unqualified thought but I have tons of those.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay folks, I've run 500 rounds through mine. Everything I can lay my hands on except reloads. Zip, zilch, nada thing has gone wrong. That's all I can tell ya at this point. Another couple hundred rounds or so and it's going into the pocket with Federal HST 124 gr.

Latest posts

Top Bottom