Another hiccup with the sig 365 but the P07 was running like a cat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I initially bought one of the first ones. It had issues and it was sent back. I have I dunno how many rounds since, well north of 1k, no issues since. In reading online the sig has had bugs, just like several single stacks. I think flock is on their third trigger revision on the g43? I do agree with putting at least 1k through a carry gun.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took her apart down too the firing pin. I see no problems. I enjoy cleaning guns for some reason, so this was good regardless. Put the extractor through a magnification glass and everything looked good to go. Did a very good cleaning job on it, dirtier than I thought. Got a bunch of Win white box 115 gr that I want to use up, so think I'll run through it tomorrow and the next, and see if I have any problems. If I do, I going directly to the 124 and see if I can replicate it.
If I can, it's a flaw. Most of the grand plus rounds ran through were 115 grain, but who knows.
I'm not trying to bash the 365. I was one of their fan boys. I want this to be what I want it to be. I'm not ripping Sig or the 365. Just giving an update. I will continue doing so after I've ran another few hundred through after tear down and cleaning.

Last edited:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score

If failure to lock back is a "stoppage", then I'll most likely never get there with most modern guns. I have a tendency to ride the stop on my Glock 19, Sig P228, and Sig P365.

For a duty gun, 2000 rounds without cleaning or anything is fine. But I wouldn't expect a sub-compact, already pushing the envelope of size, to do that.

My wife took a class (~300rds) with her G43, and it ran no problem all day. I need to do the same with my P365.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I’m really not buying the 2,000 round “rule” especially for a little Sub-Compact. I imagine I’ll experience a weak round, I’ll have a sloppy grip, maybe a limp wrist here and there...it’s a nice goal, but I’m not dead set on having to put a potential carry gun to that kind of test. Everybody has to decide if they have sufficient trust in their carry gun to actually carry it. I probably only have 200 through my PPS M2, but I feel fine wearing it out and about. Besides, 2,000 rounds of FMJ doesn’t necessarily mean it won’t choke on your carry ammo. I don’t know about you, but I can’t afford nor do I see the need to put 2,000 rounds of Gold Dots or whatever through a gun before I trust it. A box or two gives me the info I need to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay folks, I've run 500 rounds through mine. Everything I can lay my hands on except reloads. Zip, zilch, nada thing has gone wrong. That's all I can tell ya at this point. Another couple hundred rounds or so and it's going into the pocket with Federal HST 124 gr.

I’d probably be carrying that thing by now. It may eventually crap out on you but figure the odds.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I’m really not buying the 2,000 round “rule” especially for a little Sub-Compact. I imagine I’ll experience a weak round, I’ll have a sloppy grip, maybe a limp wrist here and there...it’s a nice goal, but I’m not dead set on having to put a potential carry gun to that kind of test. Everybody has to decide if they have sufficient trust in their carry gun to actually carry it. I probably only have 200 through my PPS M2, but I feel fine wearing it out and about. Besides, 2,000 rounds of FMJ doesn’t necessarily mean it won’t choke on your carry ammo. I don’t know about you, but I can’t afford nor do I see the need to put 2,000 rounds of Gold Dots or whatever through a gun before I trust it. A box or two gives me the info I need to know.

Quick question.... which do you feel is more reliable..... a gun with 2,000 rounds through it with no failures? or one with 200? Finally, is an owner likely to be more proficient with a gun after 2,000 rounds? or after 200?

I don't know what the 2,000 rd rule really consists of but I'm sure they want to you shoot at least some of your chose carry ammo through it. Personally, I kind of torture test mine. I put all sorts of ammo including several types of SD ammo through it, just to see what it will do. YMMV.

Latest posts

Top Bottom