Another Mountain lion spotted in OK.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There have been a couple taken in Atoka and Coal county a couple of years ago. I've camped, fished, hunted the areas they have been seen, but never saw one with my own eyes. Have seen their tracks and head them growl. Panthers have been seen as well and I've heard them too. Sounds like a baby screaming and will scare the crap out of me when I was 8 with my brothers or 30 camping with my friends. Still never put my eyes on one.

Panthers, like Africa big game panther? Or panther as in mountain lion?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Panther as in panther. Like I've said. I never saw one (panther or mountain lion) but heard them often camping/fishing in a rough area of Boggy Creek East of Lehigh. I'm not asking anyone to believe or saying I'm right, but tracks were there and we know what we heard........and it sounded like it was night fishing with us.....ha
I believe. I seen one around Stratford.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any laws against shooting them here?

Yes, you can shoot them as long as they are about to commit depredation. If you have Mountain Lions on or near your property, I suggest you keep the name and phone number of your local game warden in your phone. So if you do shoot one, you can notify them immediately since they will want to collect data.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I seen one it was kind of hunting me during deer season.
I shot under it to make it jump in the air to get a really good look.
My phone is at the house hanging on the wall 160 miles away.

Not going to call anyone if I shoot one.
I bet it will be tasty though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom