Another new cartridge.......360 Buckhammer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.remington.com/360buckhammer.html
bh1.jpg

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I lived in a state that forced the straight wall restrictions and thought the 45-70 was to much I'd pick up a 38-55 or 375 Winchester but I understand human nature is fascinated with something new.

I'm an old fudd & automatically shrug off new cartridges because they seldom do anything different except for generate sales so let me try to say something positive this time.... Uhm at least it's a lever action round and not another creed round variant for a bolt gun . But what do I know I still consider the 30-30 a "big game" cartridge

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just read this online about it

" The 200-grain bullet loads of the 360 Buckhammer look to be pretty much identical to the .375 Winchester. Of course, the new cartridge has a smaller caliber and its bullets should have better BC and SD but that’s probably irrelevant for the hunting distances it is designed to be used at "

So it's just like the 6.5 creed vs 260 rem or 6mm creed vs 243 scenario in that it brings only the slightest improvement in the real world. 🤷🏻‍♂️

With the shortage of components available to the customer in this modern economy why don't we focus on bolstering the stock of what already works & has proven instead of using valuable resources to build new cartridges that aren't really bringing anything to the table

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom