Another newb question about silencer paperwork

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
One more thing. My certificate of compliance printed sideways on the paper instead of the regular top to bottom, is this going to be a problem? Do I need to play with the font size to get it to print correctly?

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One more thing. My certificate of compliance printed sideways on the paper instead of the regular top to bottom, is this going to be a problem? Do I need to play with the font size to get it to print correctly?

Landscape is the correct orientation for a Cert of Comp

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I've heard, the sherriff for my county signs em all the time as long as he gets a clean background check.

The sheriff we had signed off on them also, not sure about the new one. Two friends went the sheriff signing way and you have to catch him there and I didn't think it was worth the extra time. YMMV
It was easier for me to do a trust. The major had the paperwork done and I signed it and got it notarized.

WetWork

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I've heard, the sherriff for my county signs em all the time as long as he gets a clean background check.

Whetsel signs no problem. You just have to drop em off in the records department (basement), give prints and wait for them to call you to pick them up. I usually have all my paperwork in a folder, with my name and cell number written on the outside. Just in case they forget to ask for a #.

My waits average 3 days. (i'e had 1 and 5 day waits also) depends on his schedule, holidays, vacation and weekends.

He's done about 8 for me so far. Got two more to see him about next week.

Couple of tips. Bring alot of $1 bills. I don't remember the exact cost, but they always want exact change, and sometimes refuse to break $20'. The pay to stay parking lot accross the street can make change if needed.

Leave all sharp metal objects in the car. And no cell phones are allowed past security.

The guy at the metal detector will somethimes ask your business. Just say "heading to recrods for prints". I told the old man once I was getting permission for a silencer. He advised me theres no way they would sign off on that. I didn't mention it was like my 3rd Can that year.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Whetsel signs no problem. You just have to drop em off in the records department (basement), give prints and wait for them to call you to pick them up. I usually have all my paperwork in a folder, with my name and cell number written on the outside. Just in case they forget to ask for a #.

My waits average 3 days. (i'e had 1 and 5 day waits also) depends on his schedule, holidays, vacation and weekends.

He's done about 8 for me so far. Got two more to see him about next week.

Couple of tips. Bring alot of $1 bills. I don't remember the exact cost, but they always want exact change, and sometimes refuse to break $20'. The pay to stay parking lot accross the street can make change if needed.

Leave all sharp metal objects in the car. And no cell phones are allowed past security.

The guy at the metal detector will somethimes ask your business. Just say "heading to recrods for prints". I told the old man once I was getting permission for a silencer. He advised me theres no way they would sign off on that. I didn't mention it was like my 3rd Can that year.

Thanks for all the info, I appreciate it a lot!

Gun$linger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont worry bout the cert of citz comp being sideways. I had the BATF mail me all of my forms and the one they game me was sideways as well. Also if anyone else does this you only have to order the form 1 once they send you a double copy but do order 2 fingerprint cards. Also it only took about a week and a half to recieve them so unless you do this kinda things on a whem its pretty easy and free to get on their website and order whatever youll need in advance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom