Another OU football game observation and question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And its obvious you’re an obnoxious OU fan who thinks they can do no wrong. Do you think it’s ok to change the words in the song?

Ha ha... how am I obnoxious? Because I call you out on your retarded bullchit? So I guess you can't read so I'll help you out.

-I made no comment about changing the words to the National Anthem NOR did I say I did this when I went to games. I don't do it, but I can't control the behavior of 100K people.

-You immediately made blanket statements about Sooner fans and I merely was pointing out how we live rent free in your head.

So change them diapers gramps. Like I said, I don't do it, but I don't honestly think it's a huge deal because a LOT of sports venues do it as well, and I see it as quite an apple to oranges comparison to taking a knee but y'all seem to get a sandy vagina about all things OU. Some people around here take themselves VERY seriously when it comes to certain issues, but then seem to ignore others, funny how that works though. YMMV.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a general lack of respect to the National Anthem. Seems like every performer at major sporting events wants to put their own spin on it from ridiculous vocal runs to playing it like a funeral dirge. As a comparison, watch a sporting event where the Canadian NA is sung. It is always performed with the utmost respect and sung the way it was originally composed, loud and proud. Just different cultures I guess, but in this particular instance I prefer the Canadian tradition.

Ding ding ding..... I've seen/heard some horrible renditions of The National Anthem, but then again, someone would probably lose their chit to one of my favorites......

The flip side of me prefers not to tell other Americans how they can be patriotic though......

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Ha ha... how am I obnoxious? Because I call you out on your retarded bullchit? So I guess you can't read so I'll help you out.

-I made no comment about changing the words to the National Anthem NOR did I say I did this when I went to games. I don't do it, but I can't control the behavior of 100K people.

-You immediately made blanket statements about Sooner fans and I merely was pointing out how we live rent free in your head.

So change them diapers gramps. Like I said, I don't do it, but I don't honestly think it's a huge deal because a LOT of sports venues do it as well, and I see it as quite an apple to oranges comparison to taking a knee but y'all seem to get a sandy vagina about all things OU. Some people around here take themselves VERY seriously when it comes to certain issues, but then seem to ignore others, funny how that works though. YMMV.
Your calling me names and referring to diapers makes you an obnoxious person. Don’t worry, welcome to the ignored list. All you do is trash OSU but get all butthurt when someone mentions your beloved Sooners.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your calling me names and referring to diapers makes you an obnoxious person.

Pot meet kettle.

Don’t worry, welcome to the ignored list. All you do is trash OSU but get all butthurt when someone mentions your beloved Sooners.

Works for me, I don't need your response to get my point across. AS far as your last comment..... you might want to read your first comment to this thread. The ironic thing is that you talk trash.... but then when you receive a little reality in return..... you act innocent. Status quo for some for sure.

Last edited:

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did not know this was a thing at other schools too. Still, seems a little hypocritical to me no matter where it is. It's the national anthem, not a football cheer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom