Another pig

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I missed it too.

No I didnt eat him. I didnt have time to cut him up. I sure would have if time allowed though.
we raised hogs growing up, I'm too picky for wild boar. If I caught a wild gilt and could put it on corn for a couple months, I would eat that.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we raised hogs growing up, I'm too picky for wild boar. If I caught a wild gilt and could put it on corn for a couple months, I would eat that.

Im picky about my meat. But, Ill tell you, its all in the pigs diet, stress level when its killed, and prep. Ill eat a 200lb boar killed in the summer in a heartbeat if its done right. I gave a person some backstrap from a boar a few weeks ago to cook and try and they were shocked. She said it was better than any store bought port tenderloin she has ever bought and cooked.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im picky about my meat. But, Ill tell you, its all in the pigs diet, stress level when its killed, and prep. Ill eat a 200lb boar killed in the summer in a heartbeat if its done right. I gave a person some backstrap from a boar a few weeks ago to cook and try and they were shocked. She said it was better than any store bought port tenderloin she has ever bought and cooked.
One of our OSA members trapped some hogs awhile back and removed the backstraps. He served them as smoked pulled pork at a youth hunt function. I hear they were danged tasty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom