Another where to go post.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SWMBO and I are celebrating our 40th tomorrow. If we live that long. ;) We're staying at home, and I'm fixing her Turkish coffee, served in her new Noritake Studio Ghibli Totoro mugs. You take your pleasures where you can get them! Enjoy wherever you travel for as long as you can! Congratulations for making it this long! And hang in there!

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, the wife and I will be celebrating our 33rd anniversary next month, and it is my turn to pick where to go. Have been looking for months now and keep finding "meh", so I need some recommendations for a good place to go this year. Will have to be somewhat local, OK, TX, AR, etc. Doesn't have to be fancy, we are simple poor folk after all. Just the usual, go to a place to see the sights, tours, shopping, dinner, the occasional couple massage etc.

Went to Hot Springs the year before last and had a great time, but want to do something different this time.
Here is a list of past places we have gone for the occasion over the years.
1. Yellowstone
2. Devels Tower
3. Hot Springs
4. Buchart Gardens
5. St. Augistine
6. Wakulla Springs
7. PNW Volcano Tours
The Ozarks are close, scenic, and inexpensave compared to many other tourest destinations. Of course Eurica Springs, but many others locatrtions, the Buffolo River, area, Mt View, with the Ozark Folk Center, antique shops, impromptu music on the town square, mostly on week ends, and scheduled music shows at the Folk Center auditorium, a really nice facility owned by the state park system. plus the White River is near by, world class trout fishing, and great scenery!

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the wife and I favorite places is Eurika Springs Ark.
If you can get a room at the old Cresent Hotel.
Go and see the Passion Play.
Lots of great places to eat, One of our favorites is an Italian restaurant that is set up in an older house.
Cresent Hotel
IMG_0594.JPG

Last edited:

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
We retired young so we would be more likely be physically able to travel.and do the other things we had planned. We have been to every state, most of europe, taken several cruses, and went to Austrellia and New Zeland on a two week cruse around both countries. Quit an experience. We love and play bluegrass music, and have camped at bluegrass festivals in surrounding states for over 20 years, I bought the old heavy equipment and built my own pond, BAD IDEA, that cost more to keep this stuff running than I saved from having it done! But I do id learn something from it! Now in our late 70's
One of the wife and I favorite places is Eurika Springs Ark.
If you can get a room at the old Cresent Hotel.
Go and see the Passion Play.
Lots of great places to eat, One of our favorites is an Italian restaurant that is set up in an older house.
Eureka Springs has a lot of history, for example, Bill Tillman a famous lawman in Oklahoma, one of the three guardsmen, captured Bill Doolin in the lobby of the a hotel in Eureka Springs, by hiding a sawed off shotgun in a hat box, and walking up to him in the lobby! This was also a favorate place along with Hot Springs, for gangsters and outlaws, during poribition! A tunnel system under much of the down town, with hidden trap doors!

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
We retired young so we would be more likely be physically able to travel. and do the other things we had planned. We have been to every state, most of Europe, taken several cruses, and went to Australia, and New Zealand on a two week cruse, partly around both countries. Quite an experience. We love, and play bluegrass, music, and have camped at bluegrass festivals in surrounding states for over 20 years, I bought some old heavy equipment and built my own pond, BAD IDEA, built my own accustic Guitar, another bad idea, it cost more than a good Martin, and is worth very little, it cost more to, buy all the tools needed and to keep this stuff running than I saved from not having it done! But I did learn something from it! Now in our late 70's we sold or camper, and every thing else you can work with, even my lawn mower, and say closer to home., and enjoy that!!!! We have had a GREAT Retirement, so far, and as Clint Eastwiood once said, when ask by some screwball reporter, what he thought about being 85 years old, We think we will just enjoy being what ever age we are at the time!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hot springs at Hooper Colorado near the Great Sand Dunes, ahhhhhhhh factor 100x
Affordable, incredible views

Speaking of the Great Sand Dunes, did you happen to check out Zapata Falls? It is just off the road about a half mile of Highway 150 going tot he Dunes. Zapata Falls is a waterfall back inside of a cave.

Latest posts

Top Bottom