Another where to go post.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I second Branson, MO.

You can rent a condo, for price of hotel, and have a full kitchen.

Wif and I are going next month.

Congrats on anniversary, EVERYBODY.

ETA: if you like train trips, take train from OKC to Galveston. Enjoy beach (yeah, I know, crappy beach) and great seafood.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of the Great Sand Dunes, did you happen to check out Zapata Falls? It is just off the road about a half mile of Highway 150 going tot he Dunes. Zapata Falls is a waterfall back inside of a cave.
I almost bought property by Zapata, incredible area. I had a house at 8500ft in Crestone that I miss living in.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1447965533641.jpg
    FB_IMG_1447965533641.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 0

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the wife and I favorite places is Eurika Springs Ark.
If you can get a room at the old Cresent Hotel.
Go and see the Passion Play.
Lots of great places to eat, One of our favorites is an Italian restaurant that is set up in an older house.
Cresent Hotel
View attachment 294074

We are music fans, especially acoustic music. The old auditorium/opera house in Eureka Springs that dates back into the late 1870's, in my opinion, has the best acoustics, of any music venue in the country! This is not just my opinion but several professional artist, that have played music for a living, all over the world! Just a couple of these artist that I have heard say this, are Doyle Lawson, Doc Watson! The seats are designed for 1800 size people, and a little tight for full figured guys like me, but the QUALITY OF THE SOUND FAR OUT WEIGHS ANY DISCOMFORT! I think theaters built before amplification was available, had to build these buildings with acustics in mind, and do everything they could to improve the sound?

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, the wife and I will be celebrating our 33rd anniversary next month, and it is my turn to pick where to go. Have been looking for months now and keep finding "meh", so I need some recommendations for a good place to go this year. Will have to be somewhat local, OK, TX, AR, etc. Doesn't have to be fancy, we are simple poor folk after all. Just the usual, go to a place to see the sights, tours, shopping, dinner, the occasional couple massage etc.

Went to Hot Springs the year before last and had a great time, but want to do something different this time.
Here is a list of past places we have gone for the occasion over the years.
1. Yellowstone
2. Devels Tower
3. Hot Springs
4. Buchart Gardens
5. St. Augistine
6. Wakulla Springs
7. PNW Volcano Tours
Number one: Yellowstone will be unforgettable.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, the wife and I will be celebrating our 33rd anniversary next month, and it is my turn to pick where to go. Have been looking for months now and keep finding "meh", so I need some recommendations for a good place to go this year. Will have to be somewhat local, OK, TX, AR, etc. Doesn't have to be fancy, we are simple poor folk after all. Just the usual, go to a place to see the sights, tours, shopping, dinner, the occasional couple massage etc.

Went to Hot Springs the year before last and had a great time, but want to do something different this time.
Here is a list of past places we have gone for the occasion over the years.
1. Yellowstone
2. Devels Tower
3. Hot Springs
4. Buchart Gardens
5. St. Augistine
6. Wakulla Springs
7. PNW Volcano Tours
There used to be a little bed and breakfast in Mina Arkansas. You could take the Talamina drive to get there.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are lots of GREAT travel destinations in this country, and Canada! We have been to lots of them, I'm not usually impressed by man made attractions, but by natural ones, The Great Lakes, the east, and west coast, the Applications, the Rockies, the Ozarks, historical sites, etc. We have thoroughly enjoyed all of the above! I guess the one thing I have seen that impressed me the most was The groves of Sequoya Trees in Sequoya National Park! The Giant Red Woods on the west coast , would be next! To bad California has such a bad, mostly undeserved reputation, I try and avoid big cities, but the REAL PEOPLE EVERYWHERE I HAVE BEEN, INCLUDING THE N.E. AND CALIFORNIA, ARE GOOD DECENT, HONORABLE, FRIENDLY PEOPLE! THIS IS TRUE OF CANADA, MOST OF EUROPE, AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND, AS WELL!

Latest posts

Top Bottom