Anti gun turned to pro gun, from liberal to conservative. Yep that’s me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom2252

New to the site!
Reaction score
Okay, so let me explain. I am new to this forum, I have been reading posts for a few months, but I have never posted. So here I go.

I have been a card carrying Democrat since 1984 and have only voted for Democrats, except for Donald Trump. You might say I was a Southern Democrat. But this recent election I finally have had enough. I plan on changing my party affiliation to Republican next election.

Now how does this happen. I have always lived in larger cities. I did not understand gun ownership at all. Than last year I met a friend who took me shooting the first time in my life, and kaboom (literally) I changed. This guy was an old Farmboy who later educated my on how guns were a tool that was also pretty fun. To make a long story short, this changed many of my politcal view almost instantaneously, it brought me into contact with a whole new group of people, people whom I like and respect. I listened to them and found I agreed with most of what they said about personal freedom and the constitution. I really hadn’t thought my views through, and one might say I was a follower.

Not anymore. I have taught my son how to shoot, and I am now the proud owner of

Henry 30-30
M&P 2.0 9mm
M&P Sport AR15
Ruger 22sr

And have been going to the range regularly and have shot over 2000 rounds in the last year. I figured a better know these guns if I am going to own them.

I plan on getting a Browning X-Bolt western hunter, Mossberg 590a1, and a S&W 629 revolver and maybe a Ruger 1022. I think I than have all the basis covered for shooting for both my son and myself. I think my bonus checks will be used for these next purchases so it will take a bit of time to finish my collection.

I have only been out hog hunting once and that is my full extent of hunting, but I plan on changing that, this upcoming deer hunting. I have to try out my 30-30.

So the moral of the story, don’t give up on your crazy anti-gun friends, be patient and ask them if they have actually shot a gun or know what you actually use them for, you might be surprised if you ask them if they want to go shooting - they just might say yes like I did, and I am 50yrs old. You can teach an old dog new tricks.

Next on list, is to find a hunting buddy (my son will shoot but is not interrested in hunting), who is willing to teach a an old dog new tricks.

Well that’s it.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, so let me explain. I am new to this forum, I have been reading posts for a few months, but I have never posted. So here I go.

I have been a card carrying Democrat since 1984 and have only voted for Democrats, except for Donald Trump. You might say I was a Southern Democrat. But this recent election I finally have had enough. I plan on changing my party affiliation to Republican next election.

Now how does this happen. I have always lived in larger cities. I did not understand gun ownership at all. Than last year I met a friend who took me shooting the first time in my life, and kaboom (literally) I changed. This guy was an old Farmboy who later educated my on how guns were a tool that was also pretty fun. To make a long story short, this changed many of my politcal view almost instantaneously, it brought me into contact with a whole new group of people, people whom I like and respect. I listened to them and found I agreed with most of what they said about personal freedom and the constitution. I really hadn’t thought my views through, and one might say I was a follower.

Not anymore. I have taught my son how to shoot, and I am now the proud owner of

Henry 30-30
M&P 2.0 9mm
M&P Sport AR15
Ruger 22sr

And have been going to the range regularly and have shot over 2000 rounds in the last year. I figured a better know these guns if I am going to own them.

I plan on getting a Browning X-Bolt western hunter, Mossberg 590a1, and a S&W 629 revolver and maybe a Ruger 1022. I think I than have all the basis covered for shooting for both my son and myself. I think my bonus checks will be used for these next purchases so it will take a bit of time to finish my collection.

I have only been out hog hunting once and that is my full extent of hunting, but I plan on changing that, this upcoming deer hunting. I have to try out my 30-30.

So the moral of the story, don’t give up on your crazy anti-gun friends, be patient and ask them if they have actually shot a gun or know what you actually use them for, you might be surprised if you ask them if they want to go shooting - they just might say yes like I did, and I am 50yrs old. You can teach an old dog new tricks.

Next on list, is to find a hunting buddy (my son will shoot but is not interrested in hunting), who is willing to teach a an old dog new tricks.

Well that’s it.
Welcome , to OSA glad to know we can still save a few :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom