Anti-Walk Pins.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Running the AR at the range a while back, started having tigger issues noticed my pins had creeped out a little. Pushed back in and was back in business. Found a sweet little set on eBay for $8 shipped and they work great, nothing fancy or flashy just a little hex screw in each end. My question is most ar's you see do not have them, and they do not come in a standard LPK. I'm just curious why one would decide to not use them and go for the standard pins. You lose a pin and it'll shut you down. Maybe mil-spec tiggers hold them tighter and it's less of an issue. I don't know I've always ran nice triggers from day one.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
pin walk is often due to the hammer spring being installed incorrectly, i.e. upside down. that being said i use KNS pins on all of my personal rifles, even tho the hammer spring is installed correctly. the hammer spring long tails fit into the grooves on the trigger pin, if upside down they do not exert enough force to prevent walking pins, and when installed correctly (the spring) you still have pin rotation and that is what i wanted, no rotation

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most likely the trigger pins and/or hammer spring in your AR were installed incorrectly which can cause them to walk out. If the pins have a groove in the middle AND on one side they are interchangeable, but I've seen all sorts of variations among manufacturers.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty much the troof^^^^^
I also have the antiwalk pins in all of my receivers.
Mainly because I use Timney triggers in all my AR's and several bolt guns.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hmm. Might have to double check that just in case. I thought it was in there correctly, fired maybe 500 rounds through it. Might not be. Thanks for the heads up.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's the one thing to check. Of course, you can still have a need for the anti-walk pins, but I've found that hammer spring issue in several rifles from other folks.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
You mentioned running nice triggers. Do you use the drop in style triggers? If so, they don't have the spring contacting the pins to keep them from walking. Some of them include anti-walk pins for that reason.

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Running the AR at the range a while back, started having tigger issues noticed my pins had creeped out a little. Pushed back in and was back in business. Found a sweet little set on eBay for $8 shipped and they work great, nothing fancy or flashy just a little hex screw in each end. My question is most ar's you see do not have them, and they do not come in a standard LPK. I'm just curious why one would decide to not use them and go for the standard pins. You lose a pin and it'll shut you down. Maybe mil-spec tiggers hold them tighter and it's less of an issue. I don't know I've always ran nice triggers from day one.
My AR, with a drop in trigger, started to exhibit pin creep the other weekend after heavy use. Do you have a link to the eBay pins you purchased?

Latest posts

Top Bottom