Antifa in OKC???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, that is from Facebook and it was rampantly shared everywhere yesterday without a single case of firsthand verification. The story even grew at one point to OHP and OCPD having the group surrounded with armored vehicles in a standoff.

In this day and age, anything forwarded to me that is clearly forwarded from someone else, and grabbed from some sort of social media is almost instantly written off as fake news. Another tell is when all of the posts have the same cut and paste language.

Dozens of people posted this yesterday, as if the confirmation was coming from them or "someone with the police department":

"@everyone
Here's what I know thus far:

Received confirmation that armed antifa has been spotted in Yukon.
Plain black SUVs with anti-police bumper stickers. Dressed in all black openly carrying rifles and holstered pistols.
It was at a hotel they were carrying the guns to the vehicles and had big black bags in the back according to sources.

Confirmed: 5 buses of ANTIFA coming from Colorado."

That is a telltale sign of a viral internet hoax.

OK. I guess someone needs to end this by deleting this thread. Sorry that I messed up, but in my defense, I don't do Farcebook.

Latest posts

Top Bottom