Antifa will now be designated an official terrorist organization.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again, there will be no official designation, because there is no such thing.

But they could certainly get to work investigating illegal activity and the funding sources etc...I'm sure they were probably already doing that. At least I hope they were.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

But they could certainly get to work investigating illegal activity and the funding sources etc...I'm sure they were probably already doing that. At least I hope they were.

IIRC, the designation comes from the state dept and the group doesn't meet the criteria. Neither of which still stop anything, i'm sure. Definitions and criteria will be changed to fit the need.

But, as another friend pointed out, if the group is designated a terrorist organization and commit property damage, will business owners need special coverage to be able to file a claim? They said their insurance agent indicated that a standard policy doesn't cover acts of terror and that a special policy would be needed to be protected.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

No, there will be no official designation at all and unfortunately it just makes Trump sound like a blithering idiot....again !

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, there will be no official designation at all and unfortunately it just makes Trump sound like a blithering idiot....again !

But I guess it gets the ignorant base all pumped up. They're already all like "Hells yeah! You see what Trump did? He done designated them ANTIFA fags as terrorists. That means we can legally shoot them now! America!".

That's what he was going for I guess.

I swear.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But I guess it gets the ignorant base all pumped up. They're already all like "Hells yeah! You see what Trump did? He done designated them ANTIFA fags as terrorists. That means we can legally shoot them now! America!".

That's what he was going for I guess.

I swear.
I guess maybe so, but it does not help him with his support that has a little bit of intelligence and pays attention to more than just the headlines.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IIRC, the designation comes from the state dept and the group doesn't meet the criteria. Neither of which still stop anything, i'm sure. Definitions and criteria will be changed to fit the need.

But, as another friend pointed out, if the group is designated a terrorist organization and commit property damage, will business owners need special coverage to be able to file a claim? They said their insurance agent indicated that a standard policy doesn't cover acts of terror and that a special policy would be needed to be protected.

It's complicated...

For an claim to be triggered under terrorism coverage, which you CAN buy to an existing commercial policy, there must be....see below...

Certified Act of Terrorism — a terrorist act that is eligible for coverage under the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act (TRIA). Such acts are certified by the Secretary of the Treasury, applying criteria spelled out in TRIA. To qualify as a certified act of terrorism, the incident must: (1) be a violent act or an act that is dangerous to human life, property, or infrastructure; (2) cause damage within the United States or other area of U.S. sovereignty (e.g., an U.S. embassy, airplane, ship); (3) be committed as part of an effort to coerce the civilian population of the United States or to influence the policy or affect the conduct of the U.S. government by coercion; and (4) produce property-casualty (P&C) insurance losses in excess of $5 million. Insurers paying claims in response to certified acts of terrorism qualify for federal reimbursement.

Basically, this "designation" won't have any influence on most claims. Iran or name your latest muslim extremist group attacks us? You'd better have signed up for TRIA. Otherwise...... domestically.... locally.... it would be extremely difficult for someone to prove a declination for a vandalism claim. You'd better have vandalism coverage though.

You boys remember those Dakota Pipeline protests? One of my clients had 2 separate claims totaling 1 million in burned out equipment. It was paid and it certainly was an act of terrorism by protesters.

Your run of the mill small commercial policy for most small businesses should cover damage we are seeing in these riots. ANTIFA or not. Get ready for some increases over the next few years.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
upload_2020-6-1_17-47-59.jpeg

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember when folks were all up in arms about Obama taking our guns away and using abandoned Walmarts for the coming martial law crackdown.

The Trump admin has let more gun restrictions through and talked more about invoking the insurrection act than Obama ever did, but some folks are ok with it because it’s “just those blacks” burning stuff.

It’s kinda funny.

You would never be next if/when Trump loses. Would you?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom