Antifa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This isn't a Martin Niemoller moment and the communists aren't the persecuted folks here. Its average Americans who disagree with the leftists . So many people seem to have critical thinking failure here even when what's happening is in real time and on TV every night. I am not even certain the Bolsheviks had it this good in Russia in 1917 and they had a largely uneducated peasant population to work with.

The failure in thinking is believing the Constitution applies to some US citizens but not others because of how they think and what they believe. No one here is arguing these people and their ideals aren't a problem. The argument is simply that until they cross a line into prohibited speech or action they're free to say what they believe and peacefully protest for what they believe. Notice I said 'peacefully'. We all know many antifa idiots don't limit their actions to acceptable speech and behavior...and they should be held accountable for that. But, again, that's not the point.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This isn't a Martin Niemoller moment and the communists aren't the persecuted folks here. Its average Americans who disagree with the leftists . So many people seem to have critical thinking failure here even when what's happening is in real time and on TV every night. I am not even certain the Bolsheviks had it this good in Russia in 1917 and they had a largely uneducated peasant population to work with.
You mean besides the 'average American' who is on the liberal side of our political spectrum?

"The Left" involves a whole bunch of people, just as 'the Right' does. Lumping them all together does not fully capture the views of either side.

At varying times both major parties are being held hostage by the far extremes of their party. Not all liberals are communists just as not as conservatives are nationalists.

And besides, the citizens on the other end of the political spectrum have a right to claim this country as their own. Too many people seem to think (or act) like this country 'belongs' to one side or the other.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what about communism, as an ideology, is unconstitutional?

And while actions are typically legal or illegal, rarely is thought actually banned.

Failure to follow the Constitution isn't unique to any one group or party. It might not always look the same, but it does happen.

Communism at its core is antithetical to American liberty and the US Constitution

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The failure in thinking is believing the Constitution applies to some US citizens but not others because of how they think and what they believe. No one here is arguing these people and their ideals aren't a problem. The argument is simply that until they cross a line into prohibited speech or action they're free to say what they believe and peacefully protest for what they believe. Notice I said 'peacefully'. We all know many antifa idiots don't limit their actions to acceptable speech and behavior...and they should be held accountable for that. But, again, that's not the point.

I don't think you've been watching the same program I have, the left crosses the line all the time as of late. They'll not find me defending their rights to take a dump on mine.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think you've been watching the same program I have, the left crosses the line all the time as of late. They'll not find me defending their rights to take a dump on mine.
so you'd propose 'taking a dump' on their rights is fair play? Seems like all we end up with is shitting on each other's rights rather than working towards respecting them, but i guess it is just the way we are headed

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Really? And you say others suffer a failure in critical thinking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom