Antifa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
something something give up essential Liberty something something deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - someone on the internet probably

but i guess it's easy when it's your safety and their liberty - being it thought or guns or faith or movement

Last edited:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It always surprises me how many whiny liberals are here on a gun forum !!

Don't be shy...if you think I'm a liberal for believing in the ideals of the founders, speak up. No need to be passive aggressive...

What doesn't surprise me is how many on this forum piss and moan about some sort of Constitutional slight, whether real or imagined, by the gov't or an agent of the gov't (LE, for example) but turn right around and call for taking fundamental rights away from others.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm curious... Aside from allowing a certain segment of the population, regardless of how misguided they are, to believe in, promote and speak about, communism what other ideas should we ban people from thinking about and promoting? What other constitutionally protected actions should we prohibit those we disagree with from enjoying?
Woody Allen movies. Those stupid rubber shoes shaped like feet complete with toes. Pharmaceutical companies peddling their snake oil on TV. Wearing your pants so low you have 9 inches of underwear. People who over-use the term "democracy itself!" Broadcasting '80's hair-band music in grocery stores. Clowns. (Not rodeo clowns. Those guys are tough as hell.) Former directors of federal agencies from going on news shows. Plastic surgery for male actors that are getting old. Trucks with less than 6 cylinders on freeways.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If an ideology promotes the annihilation of bill of rights and republican government then it shouldn't be allowed to be promoted and spread . They are advocating the use of liberty to destroy the same. It makes no sense and is evil at its core.
The ACLU said along time ago that they would essentially use the Constitution to destroy the Constitution.

Saul Alinsky says in his book to use the hold the enemy to their own standards as well.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't be shy...if you think I'm a liberal for believing in the ideals of the founders, speak up. No need to be passive aggressive...

What doesn't surprise me is how many on this forum piss and moan about some sort of Constitutional slight, whether real or imagined, by the gov't or an agent of the gov't (LE, for example) but turn right around and call for taking fundamental rights away from others.
Thomas Jefferson was a real liberal...what we have now are the antithesis of liberalism. We have godless authoritarians....maybe some lean more fascist, and some more communist, but all bad.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ACLU said along time ago that they would essentially use the Constitution to destroy the Constitution.
interesting to know. Do you happen to know the actual quote? I did a quick google search based on your wording and found many references from the ACLU to protecting civil liberties, but nothing that immediately seemed like what you were describing so i'd be curious to look into it more.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thomas Jefferson was a real liberal...what we have now are the antithesis of liberalism. We have godless authoritarians....maybe some lean more fascist, and some more communist, but all bad.

Thomas Jefferson was a classical liberal in the sense he thought individual freedoms without government interference was of the utmost importance.

I'm not willing to trade individual freedoms for some vague promise of ridding the country of those who speak against it. Because it never stops there and it never works as intended. And so-called conservatives should understand that. If given the power to stifle free speech does anyone actually think they'll stop with the radicals on the left like antifa? That would be especially foolish given the makeup of the current gov't leadership.

I've already pointed out 3 times, I think, that we tried to legislate this radical, leftist behavior almost 70 years ago in the form of the Communist Control Act. But no one else here seems to want to acknowledge it was a failure. Most of it has been repealed and it's rarely, if ever, been used. And Lord knows there've been plenty of opportunity. It hasn't been used in the past and it isn't being used now because most rational people understand it's unconstitutional. It's been ruled that way by a federal judge at least once, in AZ, I believe.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
interesting to know. Do you happen to know the actual quote? I did a quick google search based on your wording and found many references from the ACLU to protecting civil liberties, but nothing that immediately seemed like what you were describing so i'd be curious to look into it more.

Yeah...I don't trust the ACLU at all. It wouldn't surprise me to learn someone from the ACLU would say that, but I can't find it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom