Antifa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i’m not sure what your problem is Mr puppy dog .
But read back ,,, you’re the one that came at me
I never said a word to you!! You are right about one thing ,I have not been paying any attention at all to anything you have had to say . I have never read any of your comments until you quoted one of mine .
GET A LIFE !!

ROFL.gif
Who struck a nerve now?

Last edited:

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
interesting to know. Do you happen to know the actual quote? I did a quick google search based on your wording and found many references from the ACLU to protecting civil liberties, but nothing that immediately seemed like what you were describing so i'd be curious to look into it more.
I was paraphrasing the essence of what I was told by a friend years ago that something to this effect was said by an official that worked for the ACLU (it wans't an official statement, might have been more like a James O'Keefe situation), I'm sure it isn't the exact quote. But I do believe the person who told me they heard this as they are a very politically astute person and the actions of that group certainly speak louder than the words anyway :)

Last edited:

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thomas Jefferson was a classical liberal in the sense he thought individual freedoms without government interference was of the utmost importance.

I'm not willing to trade individual freedoms for some vague promise of ridding the country of those who speak against it. Because it never stops there and it never works as intended. And so-called conservatives should understand that. If given the power to stifle free speech does anyone actually think they'll stop with the radicals on the left like antifa? That would be especially foolish given the makeup of the current gov't leadership.

I've already pointed out 3 times, I think, that we tried to legislate this radical, leftist behavior almost 70 years ago in the form of the Communist Control Act. But no one else here seems to want to acknowledge it was a failure. Most of it has been repealed and it's rarely, if ever, been used. And Lord knows there've been plenty of opportunity. It hasn't been used in the past and it isn't being used now because most rational people understand it's unconstitutional. It's been ruled that way by a federal judge at least once, in AZ, I believe.
Yeah the only way to win is to win the culture war...the left has pop, academia, and media so it is hard to overcome that. The founders said that the Consitution was intended for a moral and responsible people...it won't work for the heathens we have today and they seem to undermind it all the time. It is the perfect recipe...corrupt the culture, then use the fruits of the corrupt culture (crime, etc) as the reason to crack down on the people who were least responsible for corrupting the culture. Alinksky!

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was paraphrasing the essence of what I was told by a friend years ago that something to this effect was said by an official that worked for the ACLU (it wans't an official statement, might have been more like a Jame O'Keefe situation), I'm sure it isn't the exact quote. But I do believe the person who told me they heard this as they are a very politically astute person and the actions of that group certainly speak louder than the words anyway :)

interesting. Thank you.

I find that many politicians seem to view the ACLU and it's work through their personal lens. So if there were an actual statement about such things, it'd be interesting to read. Otherwise it could be (which i'm not saying is entirely the case here) that it's simply a negative commentary on the work that the ACLU because the person disagrees with the political stance (getting people off death row, fighting discriminatory laws against gay people, etc).

I'll keep digging and see if i can find a more specific reference that matches what you said. Again, thank you.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
interesting. Thank you.

I find that many politicians seem to view the ACLU and it's work through their personal lens. So if there were an actual statement about such things, it'd be interesting to read. Otherwise it could be (which i'm not saying is entirely the case here) that it's simply a negative commentary on the work that the ACLU because the person disagrees with the political stance (getting people off death row, fighting discriminatory laws against gay people, etc).

I'll keep digging and see if i can find a more specific reference that matches what you said. Again, thank you.
Well regardless, I agree they have done some good...they just have an overt left-leaning political agenda which I wish wasn't the case. Every now and then they go to bat for someone on the other side though.

Schlafftablett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Woody Allen movies. Those stupid rubber shoes shaped like feet complete with toes. Pharmaceutical companies peddling their snake oil on TV. Wearing your pants so low you have 9 inches of underwear. People who over-use the term "democracy itself!" Broadcasting '80's hair-band music in grocery stores. Clowns. (Not rodeo clowns. Those guys are tough as hell.) Former directors of federal agencies from going on news shows. Plastic surgery for male actors that are getting old. Trucks with less than 6 cylinders on freeways.
This is the most non-partisan, easy to get behind statement. I think I’ve ever read on the Internet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom