Antique or Vintage Slot Machine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All,

I wanting to add a few more trinkets to my man cave and vintage slot machines are high on the list. One major problem...I don't want to get taken or swindled by my lack of knowledge.

Heck, I may just go with modern slot machines to avoid be sold a reproduction and told it was a real antique.

So, what I know..yes they're pricey, I don't want a refurbished one, I know the old "Golden Nugget" slot machines, there were only about 200 made. So, 99.9°/° are new sold as replicas...not vintage.

Anyone have any experience on old 1948 and older slot machines? Any honest dealers you've purchased from? Next time I'm in Vegas I'll ask around. I just don't see the (real) antiques for sale, just the modern ones.
Any books or material to read to become knowledgeable?

I'm going to post on some other sites, just thought someone here might know or have.

Thanks!

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're kidding about "Gold and Silver Pawn" ...right. I went in there a few years ago and they had more t-shirts, hats, refigerator magnets, bumper stickers and bobble heads with their logo on it, then anything else!!!

The few in Vegas I've seen are reproductions of vintage stuff and lots of modern slot machines.

Latest posts

Top Bottom