Any appliance repair guys here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My now a couple of weeks out of warranty whirlpool refrigerator is not getting cold enough. Made sure the condenser coils were clean and all of that. I unplugged it last night for 10 minutes to see if it would reset or something and I temped some yogurt in it and it's 50 degrees so that's not good. Wasn't sure if there was anyone who was a repair tech or reccomendations for the BA area.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My now a couple of weeks out of warranty whirlpool refrigerator is not getting cold enough. Made sure the condenser coils were clean and all of that. I unplugged it last night for 10 minutes to see if it would reset or something and I temped some yogurt in it and it's 50 degrees so that's not good. Wasn't sure if there was anyone who was a repair tech or reccomendations for the BA area.
Sounds like whirlpool timed it perfectly, inefficient cooling is different from not cooling at all.

fubarjohnnyr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check and make sure the evaporator fan is functioning. They usually make a racket before they crap out, but not always. If it isn't spinning or spinning too slow then you're not getting the cold off the coils into the interior box.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check and make sure the evaporator fan is functioning. They usually make a racket before they crap out, but not always. If it isn't spinning or spinning too slow then you're not getting the cold off the coils into the interior box.
+1 this absolutely, and also the condensor fan that cools the coils (if so equipped).

If it's not a fan problem, then you probably have a leak or a bad compressor/valve. IME, not much else goes wrong with a clean, sealed system that's still "somewhat" cooling.

Maybe it's possible that it's trying to defrost all the time, but not likely.

As usual, just my 2 cents.

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So it seems to be doing it again. Temper the freezer and it’s at 10 degrees. The ice maker isn’t spitting out ice anymore and was slow before. I’m getting fed up with this damn thing. Any recommendations for the BA area?

Latest posts

Top Bottom