Any Blackstone Griddle fans???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I’m available for bacon tasting and consuming all other foods used to season it and test it.

what’s the cleanup on these things, heat some water up on it and scrape it off?

i scrape the built up food off and re oil it before putting cover on.

I cooked a whole slab of blue and gold bacon on mine the other day. Boy that was good and I don’t even like bacon.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have the 2 burner with lid we take in our RV.
This summer I’m not going to take anything but this to cook on. Normally there is a propane BBQ grill that goes with us.
The BG has to be one of the most versatile cooking appliances since the campfire was invented.
IMG_2585.jpg

We cook everything on it from blackened redfish, steaks, fajitas, carnitas, and the list goes on.
Just smoked a 4 lb pork butt with a great bark and smoke ring on it today in the rain!
Butt goes on the grate, left side. I have several grates so what is getting cooked is elevated from direct contact with the griddle surface. No heat on the left burner.
Right side burner is turned on low with a 6” smoke tube on the right filled with wood pellets for smoke. Temps inside will run from 230-250 degrees depending on outside ambient temps. Good smoking temps.

IMG_2586.jpg

Pro tip! See those stainless rolled items along the side and back?
Those are wind guards. Trust me, in Oklahoma you will require them to maintain even heat under the griddle.
Available at the dollar store. They are scrapers and fit right over the edges. Come off easily for cleaning. Mine are funky now from an all day cook. The smoke tube is stored outside after cooking on some S hooks. The oyster shell is the spoon holder.

IMG_2588.jpg

IMG_2587.jpg

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have the 2 burner with lid we take in our RV.
This summer I’m not going to take anything but this to cook on. Normally there is a propane BBQ grill that goes with us.
The BG has to be one of the most versatile cooking appliances since the campfire was invented.
View attachment 208072

We cook everything on it from blackened redfish, steaks, fajitas, carnitas, and the list goes on.
Just smoked a 4 lb pork butt with a great bark and smoke ring on it today in the rain!
Butt goes on the grate, left side. I have several grates so what is getting cooked is elevated from direct contact with the griddle surface. No heat on the left burner.
Right side burner is turned on low with a 6” smoke tube on the right filled with wood pellets for smoke. Temps inside will run from 230-250 degrees depending on outside ambient temps. Good smoking temps.

View attachment 208073

Pro tip! See those stainless rolled items along the side and back?
Those are wind guards. Trust me, in Oklahoma you will require them to maintain even heat under the griddle.
Available at the dollar store. They are scrapers and fit right over the edges. Come off easily for cleaning. Mine are funky now from an all day cook. The smoke tube is stored outside after cooking on some S hooks. The oyster shell is the spoon holder.

View attachment 208074
View attachment 208075
Wow, thanks for these tips Dennis. I would have never thought about smoking meat on them as well.
I was told by one of my friends that I would need wind guards for mine but I had no idea what he was talking about. Thanks for the photos. I completely understand now.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for these tips Dennis. I would have never thought about smoking meat on them as well.
I was told by one of my friends that I would need wind guards for mine but I had no idea what he was talking about. Thanks for the photos. I completely understand now.
One of these days I will get around to cutting some sheet metal and making some that are more presentable and appealing to the eye. This was just a quick tradeoff when seeing uneven heat.
Word of caution. When you block everything but the front, the heat has only one place to go and that is out the front. Keep a towel handy to grab the lid handle before raising it if yours has a lid.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of these days I will get around to cutting some sheet metal and making some that are more presentable and appealing to the eye. This was just a quick tradeoff when seeing uneven heat.
Word of caution. When you block everything but the front, the heat has only one place to go and that is out the front. Keep a towel handy to grab the lid handle before raising it if yours has a lid.
Ah.....Very good to know. Again, thanks for the tips.

Latest posts

Top Bottom