Any body wanting pups?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the OKC area? If so this rescue has a bunch you can adopt or foster. Fostering is cool as most rescue will handle the vet bills and it gives you a chance to see if the dog is a good fit for your family. If so then you can adopt. They do have a batch of cute German Shepard pups about ready to foster. Most will do a home visit to make sure you have a good fenced yard and are a good person to foster. (no dog fighting gear, etc) Link to rescue at bottom.

https://www.facebook.com/Countryroadsanimalrescueok

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
In the OKC area? If so this rescue has a bunch you can adopt or foster. Fostering is cool as most rescue will handle the vet bills and it gives you a chance to see if the dog is a good fit for your family. If so then you can adopt. They do have a batch of cute German Shepard pups about ready to foster. Most will do a home visit to make sure you have a good fenced yard and are a good person to foster. (no dog fighting gear, etc) Link to rescue at bottom.

https://www.facebook.com/Countryroadsanimalrescueok

That Facebook link looks sketchy.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can remember when a person could go to the pound and pick out a dog and drive off without a complex background check and credit evaluation. I appreciate the fact that they have dogs but not everyone is cruel or do they mistreat animals. Don't mean to insult anyone but I think all the paperwork and checks keep a lot of good people away from the adoption process.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can remember when a person could go to the pound and pick out a dog and drive off without a complex background check and credit evaluation. I appreciate the fact that they have dogs but not everyone is cruel or do they mistreat animals. Don't mean to insult anyone but I think all the paperwork and checks keep a lot of good people away from the adoption process.
True but it keeps the bad ones away too. You can still go to the pound and adopt without the yard checks, etc, but rescues have to be more careful to meet state and fed rules. Those rules can be pretty tough and these is also the fact PETA keeps trying to get them shut down. They seem to think it would be better if the dogs and cats were out running the street.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^^^ This. We adopted a cat six years ago and it was such a hassle we ended up buying our next three dogs from a breeder. Probably won't adopt again unless it's from an individual.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^^^^ This. We adopted a cat six years ago and it was such a hassle we ended up buying our next three dogs from a breeder. Probably won't adopt again unless it's from an individual.
I will not deal with breeders because a good many of them are puppy or kitten mills with the bad parts hidden from view.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will not deal with breeders because a good many of them are puppy or kitten mills with the bad parts hidden from view.
I've heard that too, but in my humble opinion all animals deserve a home. They can't help where they're born anymore than we can. I'd take 'em all if I could. :)

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have rescued 2, 1 dog 1 cat from the flea market, people were openly abusing them.
The weirdos that had the kittens were letting their kid throw them, he was also trying to stick twigs in places on the mini pigs. The pup was in a kennel for 3 hours with no water so we bought her on our way out.
Our other dog was used for breeding a litter of blue pits then dumped at our apartment when I was in Lawton, she is the most anxious and anxiety plagued dog I have ever seen. She has progressed pretty good though.
I'm not one to tell people what they should do but damn it makes me sick when they abuse the critters. If you breed for profit so be it, but don't be a scumbelly while doing so.
Wish we could take one of these fellas but have a 3rd(a dachshund ) that was abused by the people my mother in law got it from coming in a few weeks when she moves into the senior apartments.

Latest posts

Top Bottom