Any chance of finding components in OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'll be going to the metro area a couple of times this week and if I could find even a little bit of powder, primers, and projectiles to start reloading 9mm that would be a yuge bonus.

I'll be picking up a press tomorrow that was so generously donated to the cause. Dies and other items are ordered.

I have brass but need just one pound of powder, a few primers and bullets to get started making a few plinking loads.

I don't know if a guy can buy very small amounts of components or not but If I could scrape up enough to reload even 50-100 rounds that would be great.

I've been watching and reading many items on reloading, some that were suggested in this forum included (thanks), and I've started reading the Lee reloading manual.

So c'mon guys! Give your honey holes so I can spend some of my bidenbucks and join the ranks of "the bad time to get into reloading" club. [emoji16]

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my go to has always been either Gene Sears out in El Reno, or if I really need something H&H. Gene Sears is a small business, but always had good prices and a good powder/primer supply. H&H is higher priced but has a bigger reloading section than most gun stores in the metro.

I haven't been to either of these places since the pandemic started, I have just been using my supplies, so you might call ahead and check just FYI.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be going to the metro area a couple of times this week and if I could find even a little bit of powder, primers, and projectiles to start reloading 9mm that would be a yuge bonus.

I'll be picking up a press tomorrow that was so generously donated to the cause. Dies and other items are ordered.

I have brass but need just one pound of powder, a few primers and bullets to get started making a few plinking loads.

I don't know if a guy can buy very small amounts of components or not but If I could scrape up enough to reload even 50-100 rounds that would be great.

I've been watching and reading many items on reloading, some that were suggested in this forum included (thanks), and I've started reading the Lee reloading manual.

So c'mon guys! Give your honey holes so I can spend some of my bidenbucks and join the ranks of "the bad time to get into reloading" club. [emoji16]
@O4L - give me a call, I can get you started with what you need. I'll PM you my number.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Village Tactical is kind of off the turnpike. They are a huge Dillon dealer. I've seen everything but primers in there about every time I go. They stock W231, so I go about once a week to see. I've heard a lot of good things about Sears, but never been there.

Primers are going to be your bugger. I've had sorta decent luck here and Armslist. I'm not willing to pay 100/1000 yet, but anything less isn't the worst deal.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One other thing to keep in mind: If you see any rifle or pistol primers for a killer deal, get them. Even if you don't load with say small rifle, they are good trading stock. I've traded Match Large Rifle for small pistol a few times.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my go to has always been either Gene Sears out in El Reno, or if I really need something H&H. Gene Sears is a small business, but always had good prices and a good powder/primer supply. H&H is higher priced but has a bigger reloading section than most gun stores in the metro.

I haven't been to either of these places since the pandemic started, I have just been using my supplies, so you might call ahead and check just FYI.

Gene Sears is now 3rd Generations
They are a major distributer of a lot of shooting supplies
They have a small retail operation

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gene Sears is now 3rd Generations
They are a major distributer of a lot of shooting supplies
They have a small retail operation

yep you worded it better than me, I know they have a large operation. I have said Gene Sears before and people thought I meant Sears the department store so I was just trying to specify not that one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom