Any demand for brass?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Deprimed, cleaned, stamp sorted.

is there any demand/buyers for this or am i better off tossing my excess stash of brass in the scrap bin? I did a general search for bass and the most recent post i found on here was really old. I got a closet full of stuff I am organizing in preparation for moving once i get a job offer, could stand to get rid of some brass and some cash would be nice too.

Mostly talking 9mm and 223/5.56.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Somebody is always looking for some. A lot of competition shooters that go through tons of brass annually won't bend over and pick up any, preferring to buy some used, and reload that.
So the short answer is that you have to find the market for used brass and go to that market.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
right now it is hard to save money by reloading plinking 223.
You have to shoot a ton of it to save a dime.
Prepping the brass is a PITA, but I've got about 5 gallons of prepped brass now and the components to assemble it.
You have to look at it as a hobby, not a $$ saver these days.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
@Pokinfun & @dennishoddy are right on it. I have a stash of brass too that I am figuring on using for premium loads only. I won't bother with loading plinker rounds once I use up my store of bullets I have currently.

Cheap 9mm is about the same way. Just barely any savings if comparing to steel case bulk ammo.

The savings in reloading comes with either premium 9mm/5.56 rounds, and non-mil rifle or revolver calibers.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Pokinfun & @dennishoddy are right on it. I have a stash of brass too that I am figuring on using for premium loads only. I won't bother with loading plinker rounds once I use up my store of bullets I have currently.

Cheap 9mm is about the same way. Just barely any savings if comparing to steel case bulk ammo.

What a difference a year makes with the different political party in office.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you load lead (blechhh, yuk) or coated lead (mucho better) you can still save. If you load jacketed, even cheap bulk jacketed it's not worth the time invested. Odd calibers or those that don't sell much are much better from a cost standpoint. Rifle the same if you are talking .223/5.56. Above that and you can still save a ton. Most of my .270 WSM ammo runs $35 a box and up! You used to could buy .300 Weatherby for that. :grumble:

Latest posts

Top Bottom