Any dishwasher repair guys?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or gals? We are not sure if we should have ours repaired or replaced. It has stopped heating the water among other things. It can be repaired but it is a 12 year old Whirlpool and has other smaller issues. Just not sure we can afford to replace it. I believe the heating element needs replaced and there is a water temp sensor somewhere that may have issues too.

Sadly I am not able to do a lot of bending anymore so can not do the repairs myself.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@swampratt probably knows where to find donor parts, or at least a good recipe for it.

Seriously, though, there's an appliance repair/parts shop in Norman, on 24th Ave SW, across the street from Locke Supply that could probably get you the parts; I got a fuse for a microwave there once (the guys at Locke Supply suggested them when I was searching for the fuse). From what I see on the map, it looks like it's Dent and Ding Appliance (https://dent-dingappliance.com/), although I don't recall that being it's name when I went there.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can find the parts online easy enough if it comes to that. I just can not do the work anymore without the wife and docs having a meltdown.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It could easily cost half as much to repair it as to buy a new one, and you still have a 12 year old dishwasher. Unfortunately, appliances are practically disposable anymore, unless you can do the labor yourself it's probably not cost effective to pay someone to repair it. Usually, anyways...

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
When my MIL sold her house we needed a replacement that had a black panel on the front. I found a guy on Craigslist that just does dishwashers. His garage was set up like a showroom. I imagine he installed them too. I could pm you his number if you want to call him.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it washes dishes good i would fix it.
So many washers out there that do a poor job of cleaning.
Probably 100 or much less in parts for those 2 items but Labor would probably the same.

VS 400+ for a new one.
There is always a kitchen sink and dawn. or paper plates

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or gals? We are not sure if we should have ours repaired or replaced. It has stopped heating the water among other things. It can be repaired but it is a 12 year old Whirlpool and has other smaller issues. Just not sure we can afford to replace it. I believe the heating element needs replaced and there is a water temp sensor somewhere that may have issues too.

Sadly I am not able to do a lot of bending anymore so can not do the repairs myself.

Just remember Joe Biden is fixing to send you $1400. Buy that dishwasher you’ve always dreamed about!!!

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When ours went out I went to Hahn appliances, picked one from the show room on sale. They came out, removed the old one, installed the new one and hauled off the old one. Can't remember what it cost but at the time in my mind it was a deal.

The new one does a much better job than the old one ever did.

Latest posts

Top Bottom