Any dishwasher repair guys?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can get the model number off the unit and Google it. That will lead you to sites that sell parts and also help you diagnose it.

Prices are expensive. My washing machine quit during the sub zero freeze we had a few weeks ago. Turns out the hot water line froze. Apparently that confused the logic the machine runs on. Longer story made short, I had a highly recommended repair guy com out a few days ago. All he did was reset the electronics and it
fired right up and ran perfectly.

He was only here for maybe 15-20 minutes, which included putting the machines back in their spots and hooking the dryer back up, and testing the dryer.

No parts were required. The cost was their minimum trip/labor charge of $120.00.

I was thrilled with them being honest with me, not trying to tell me I needed parts or a new washing machine.

But ouch! $120.00 for 15 minutes.

Good work ain't cheap. Cheap work ain't good.

There's an appliance parts business on NW 12th & Youngs in OKC.

So a guy notices a water leak in his basement and calls a plumber. Turns out to just be a loose fitting, which the plumber tightens up.

The grateful homeowner asks, "So what is the charge?"

Plumber says, "$100"

"A hundred dollars?"

Plumber says, "Yes"

Guy says, "It only took you five minutes."

Plumber says, "Yeah"

Guy says, "That works out to $1200 per hour!"

Plumber says, "Yeah"

Guy says, "I'm a BRAIN SURGEON and I don't make $1200 per hour!"

Plumber shrugs and says, "Yeah, I didn't when I was a brain surgeon, either... "

:pms2:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Circuit boards are found today in refrigerators, washers and all sorts of kitchen appliances. I don't like them, it's difficult to tell if it's the circuit board as the culprit or another problem. But they are easy to replace. I found them on the door of my refrigerator and the rear of the frige. Crazy.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just replaced the washer pump in our dishwasher a couple months ago. The pump was $175. It took longer to get the appliance out of the cabinet than it took to replace the pump.

It would have been $700+ to replace the dishwasher, I think it was worth the money to repair.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just replaced the washer pump in our dishwasher a couple months ago. The pump was $175. It took longer to get the appliance out of the cabinet than it took to replace the pump.

It would have been $700+ to replace the dishwasher, I think it was worth the money to repair.

As you can read from the OP below, that physical labor is no longer possible for him. Service call labor is usually about 2/3 of the overall cost and there is markup on the parts so your $175 pump probably would have put you well over 50% of the cost of a new unit. Following that logic, it's not necessarily bad advice for him to consider a new unit with delivery & install included.

Or gals? We are not sure if we should have ours repaired or replaced. It has stopped heating the water among other things. It can be repaired but it is a 12 year old Whirlpool and has other smaller issues. Just not sure we can afford to replace it. I believe the heating element needs replaced and there is a water temp sensor somewhere that may have issues too.

Sadly I am not able to do a lot of bending anymore so can not do the repairs myself.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buy yourself a gun. You can get a free dishwasher with a new gun.
Ain't that the truth? Who needs a credit card? On the other hand, go to repairclinic.com and put in the model of your dishwasher and it will go to all the parts you might need. But, you can also chat with the guys there and they'll help you isolate your particular problem and tell you what part is needed. and like someone said, some of the parts are expensive-it may be just as reasonable to go out and buy a new dishwasher or maybe pick up one same model and brand as yours and use it for parts.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, those units don't always age well.
upload_2021-3-8_12-49-27.png

Just be careful with the latest models.
upload_2021-3-8_12-48-16.png

Sometimes they need to mature a bit before they work right.
upload_2021-3-8_12-51-39.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom