Any dishwasher repair guys?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As you can read from the OP below, that physical labor is no longer possible for him. Service call labor is usually about 2/3 of the overall cost and there is markup on the parts so your $175 pump probably would have put you well over 50% of the cost of a new unit. Following that logic, it's not necessarily bad advice for him to consider a new unit with delivery & install included.

Exactly. Before my medical issues with the ribs separating and the lung trying to come thru I repaired my own appliances all the time. I still do what I can that does not require bending or twisting my torso. Heck I replaced the motor and other parts in our dryer not long before all this crap hit me.

Sadly I no longer can and the dishwasher does have other issues too so replacing just seems the better option long term. I do hate to pay for installation but going to have to.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think every dishwasher upgrade we've made over the years has been positive. I've installed all of them and while it is fairly simple it can be hard on the back and frustrating if not done often enough to be proficient. I doubt I will ever install another one, at least I hope not. Good luck with the new one.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just replaced a 5 year old GE stainless interior that fried the circuit board. The new Samsung is quiet, 48db, and pops the door open when the cycle has finished. Even the plastic stuff is dry when it's done!

I've had terrible luck with dishwashers in this house. The Samsung is the 4th unit in 16 years. The previous units were 2 GE's and 1 Maytag (Whirlpool).

If your having that much trouble with the electronics in your appliances, check your voltage while those appliances are being used. Especially if several are in use at the same time.
We had that issue once and discovered low voltage issues when multiple appliances were being used. The city had installed the wrong transformer on the pole that fed our home at construction.
Ohms law says when voltage goes low, amperage goes hi and fries electronics.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had one of those "contractor specials" in our house and it was pretty noisy, we didn't realize how noisy it was until we bought a new dishwasher. I think the fiberglass insulation helps a lot, if someone would sell the insulation they'd make a bundle. We could wrap the el cheapos with the insualtion and viola!

Latest posts

Top Bottom