Any Drone pilots on here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want one too but have been apprehensive about spending the money on ANOTHER activity/hobby,etc until I see that all the bugs are all worked out legal and whatever. I guess they are because I see em all over out where I live.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The drone I went with which is basically the one I linked is definitely not for the faint of heart as training wheels are not included. Basically you start off slow and start flying around but when you get a few things figured out it can be a blast. Flips, rolls, and flies like a bat outta hell.

For flips and some other goofing around.

Speed and agility

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The drone I went with which is basically the one I linked is definitely not for the faint of heart as training wheels are not included. Basically you start off slow and start flying around but when you get a few things figured out it can be a blast. Flips, rolls, and flies like a bat outta hell.
Dang, that's way beyond my flying skills, but looks incredibly fun! Watched one of those drone races through a parking garage the other day.
Lots of money went into pieces but those folks have some skills.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang, that's way beyond my flying skills, but looks incredibly fun! Watched one of those drone races through a parking garage the other day.
Lots of money went into pieces but those folks have some skills.

Yeah, watching the freestyle videos is what really got me interested. I like the idea of going fast and some impromptu racing as well. The way I look at it is I can destroy my quad and replace it for about 150 and be up and flying again. It's hard to say that about a car.... Plus I can go do some freestyle in the middle of nowhere or around some trees. The neatest thing is when you goose the throttle and hold it for three or four seconds, it took mine about 10 or 15 to get back down near the ground again after freefalling.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
  1. I have thought about purchasing a drone also, used to fly fixed wing RC aircraft. Now I am legal to fly down to 500ft over unpopulated areas as a private pilot, which I do frequently in one of my planes, Zenith 801. I do not think ether one of us would like your drone in my propeller or my windshield at, say 80mph would we? That is why there are regulations on altitudes for both you and me.

I don't mess with your airspace, you shouldn't mess with mine.

• Somehow this site decided to put a 1. at the start of my statement and then indent, do not know what is going on with that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom