Any electricians on here that could point me in the right direction?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At some time last night my garage breaker tripped, or so I thought. Loss of power to the garage only. I have an old school fridge in there that I think is what did it. I replaced the breaker however and there is still no power in the entire garage. Where would I begin to even look to trace to the issue?

I looked at all the receptacles and none of them are GFCI so I don't think that is the issue. Just seeing if there is anything I can look at before I have someone come out.

TIA!

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There could be a gfci breaker in the panel. You could also have a gfci somewhere else that you’re not finding. Could also be a bad outlet or other less simple things. How old is the house?

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I forgot about the receptacle behind my big air compressor that is GFCI, and guess what, it was tripped. I guess this must be the gateway to everything else in the garage?

If so, the outlets "should be" marked as such with a little sticker indicating it is a protected outlet. Sounds like they are not.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I forgot about the receptacle behind my big air compressor that is GFCI, and guess what, it was tripped. I guess this must be the gateway to everything else in the garage?

Saw a video of an electrician on YT who said he makes crazy money by resetting GFCI outlets that are on the same circuit, but not what people would expect, after a breaker trips. Basically your exact scanario.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The handious thing a person can have around the house is one of them plug in testers or even one of the pencil looking testers so easy to use and cheap to plug in to each outlet to make sure you have power at it and work down the line, second thing is a voltage tester and start at the breaker and check the voltage working down from the panel. also be sure to check your neturals if they have got loose or lost connection you wont have anything working on a 120 circuit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom