Any electricians on here that could point me in the right direction?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I forgot about the receptacle behind my big air compressor that is GFCI, and guess what, it was tripped. I guess this must be the gateway to everything else in the garage?
By Code, the garage lines have to be GFCI, which you can switch out for a regular outlet. If you sell the house, you have to re-install the GFCI

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another tip i would like to see happen more often, is to mark the breaker with the number of outlets or switches that is on that circuit and take a permanent pen and marker the inside of the wallplate with the breaker number and outlet number that way if you pull the plate off it will tell you where down the line it is located.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, I will probably still have someone come out at some point to asses the situation in the garage. Let me know if you are an electrician or have recs for anyone that serves the greater OKC!

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I forgot about the receptacle behind my big air compressor that is GFCI, and guess what, it was tripped. I guess this must be the gateway to everything else in the garage?
Yes. There are usual several outlets that are fed through one gfci. It could have been a fluke or a problem with the gfci or it might trip again if there’s a problem with an appliance or something else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom