Any experience with Lee “RGB” 2-Die Sets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Anyone have experience using these die sets? I have a set for 7mag I picked up the other day just to have because they were on sale for quite a few dollars off. Now I’m thinking of getting a set for 30-30 cause I’ll most likely load for that caliber much sooner than I ever will 7mag.

let me know what y’all’s experience is if any. Or if I’m just wasting my money and I should spend more for a different set. Thanks guys.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a new Lee RGB 2 die set for my 308 and this one fits the cases perfectly for me.
It is what I use for my 18" savage in fact on the green plastic case in marker is: For 10SR.

I have zero issues with them.
I do not crimp and do not need load data and do not need a dipper or shell holder and that is what is missing from the other Lee dies.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I bought a new Lee RGB 2 die set for my 308 and this one fits the cases perfectly for me.
It is what I use for my 18" savage in fact on the green plastic case in marker is: For 10SR.

I have zero issues with them.
I do not crimp and do not need load data and do not need a dipper or shell holder and that is what is missing from the other Lee dies.

can you crimp with the seater die if you wanted to?

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These are good dies, not the best but serviceable. I moved to add more dies so I could do different actions on each step of a five turret progressive. I consider myself a novice and still find the occasional item I am not happy with after thousands of reloads.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a set of .30-30 dies. I had a Lee factory crimp die.

Loaded a few rounds, to be ready when I get a .30-30.

They have done an acceptable job.

75% of dies are RCBS, but RGB does the job economically

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
can you crimp with the seater die if you wanted to?
No not with that die in fact it tells you to adjust the bullet seating die until it touches the shell holder and then add 1/4 turn more.

Now if you have any die and wonder if it will add a crimp you can place a sized empty case in the shell holder
and raise the ram all the way up and start turning the bullet seating die in until it stops.
If it stops before it touches the shell holder then it will add a crimp.

If it goes all the way to the shell holder you can remove that case and measure the case mouth and see if it added a crimp or not.

Most likely it will not if you were able to twist it in that far.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I buy them because I don’t need the shell holder and scoop. Makes for a cheaper option.
RGB stands for really good buy, BTW

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Loaded lots of .243 with mine. Never had a problem. If you’re really wanting a crimp, go ahead and buy a factory crimp die for that caliber.
Just remembered you said .30-30. You definitely need a good crimp if shooting through a tubular magazine rifle. You don’t want bullet setback, which can easily occur in a tubular mag.

Latest posts

Top Bottom