Any free firearm safety courses in OKC or Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a female friend who is very new to the gun world. She is looking for handgun specific, basic 101 type general and safety information. I’ve given her my knowledge as well as advised YouTube videos and the like but she really wants a classroom style setting, something a bit more formal.

Anyone know of anything that may be offered for free, or at least is worth the price around OKC or in Tulsa?

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
H&H used to have a very comprehensive CC course that walked you through everything from pointing it in the right direction to following the law in OK. I'd point her that direction.

By the way, That's a feather in your cap in Heaven you know, bringing a female to the firearm-capable side!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if this will really help, but it might be a source for research. The link below will take one to the OSBI's list of certified instructors. They are listed by county, so one might be able to check counties close by and call the people to see what they offer.

OSBI Certified Instructor's List

I was thinking that I saw a lady instructor here in Oklahoma some years ago that gave classes, but I don't remember who she was. Maybe the list will give one an idea of who to call, especially so if your friend would prefer to be taught by a lady.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Red Castle has both coed and women only classes taught by Sherry. Both my wife and I have had classes with her. She is top notch and has very fair pricing

Attachments

• E06F8ECB-1E0C-41C5-BBA8-10CE13B0C55D.png
    E06F8ECB-1E0C-41C5-BBA8-10CE13B0C55D.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe Wilshire Gun also offers a good amount of classes. I think they even offer some simunition classes which I think would be a lot of fun.
Wilshire is steep on most things, However the woman only class my wife took was for beginners up to carry. It was comprehensive and taught by a lady. My wife loved it and now shoots better and is confident from safety, to body mechanics . Check the schedule there

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a certificate you can have.
idk if it is still good.
I won it at a NRA or NWTF dinner.

Attachments

• 1334A222-3E42-4B19-8374-86A66043DB14.jpeg
    1334A222-3E42-4B19-8374-86A66043DB14.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0