Any geotechs in the group? Question about watering a foundation.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a Geologist, but unless your foundation is porous, contains marketable amounts of hydrocarbon, and has non permeable containment top and bottom, with migration paths to a place I can drill a hole into I got nothing.

I personally feel that if you have a good slab you should be fine. Most soil in the OKC area has a pretty high sand content, so I wouldn't think it would subside much, but if you wanna water, it won't hurt. I'm not, because the last couple of times it got warm around here nothing happened to the slab I'm sitting on.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The reason drought causes the issue is the shrinkage that occurs, it can lead to shifts in support . It does not matter whether it is conventional floors(crawl space) or slab . If you water your grass /flower beds you should have no issues. And again it does not take a whole lot. And like previously stated , if you are in an area where the sand content is high you should be good , but if your dirt is red .... that is clay.

Latest posts

Top Bottom