Any Glock People Actually like the Smith and Wesson M&P?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like glocks, like m&p’s.
Hate the m&p factory trigger. But as it’s already been said
Apex parts can completely cure the trigger, now you’ve got something..

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like glocks, like m&p’s.
Hate the m&p factory trigger. But as it’s already been said
Apex parts can completely cure the trigger, now you’ve got something..

Have you tried an M&P 2.0? It’s a lot better than the original. Still not as good as an M&P with an Apex trigger but much better.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot a lot of Glocks and I shoot well with them but don't really like the grip or the lack of a manual safety. My Shield and FS M&P feel great and shoot great and the triggers are fine for defensive use at about 5-1/2 lbs and for a long time you could get a Shield with factory rebate at PSA for $199 plus free shipping which is an incredible bargain. I'm looking forward to trying out the 2.0s.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you tried an M&P 2.0? It’s a lot better than the original. Still not as good as an M&P with an Apex trigger but much better.

That’s my question also. I too feel they are much better in the 2.0 Full Size and Compacts I own.

I'm wondering if it's the 2.0 being a better design or if they are just making them better these days. My early 1.0 Shield had a terrible trigger, over 7lbs, IIRC. Gunbuffer totally fixed that issue before he retired to the Tibetan monastery. A few years later I bought another 1.0 for the wife and the trigger in it needs nothing done to it. It's drastically better than my older one was and pretty nice out of the box. About 1000 rounds later it's even better than it was and while not equal to the work Gunbuffer did it's close enough. Either way it's good to hear that they've improved them.

Gringobandito

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having bought and shot a few glocks and recently an m&p 2.0 I think the m&p is a better gun. Nicer trigger out of the box and way better ergonomics.

257856344224fb0ba6e18b0b51b297a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk