Any good Heat and Air company recommendations in Tulsa area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Need a good heat and air company to come and see what is going on with my house.

On one end of the house (3 rooms) it is always hot in the summer and cold in the winter. The thermostat is located in this area so the system runs all day in summer to try and cool it and winter the same thing. Gets cold on one end during summer and then in winter its hot on one end.

I had a company come out this last summer and they told me I needed a new outside AC unit, said that would fix it. Called them because those 3 rooms were always hot and the unit ran all day long and never shut off. They installed the new unit and of course it didn't fix anything. Finally after calling them several times I got the owner to come out. He went into attic and said its possible I just needed a bigger plenum on the end so that more air would blow towards that end of the house. After I asked them why they just didn't do that instead of charging me for a new unit he had no answer. We agreed for him to come back and install a bigger plenum but he never came back and wouldn't return my calls.

So now through the whole winter we have been cold on that end of house but I want it fixed before summer.

Anyone have a company they use that are knowledgeable and trustworthy?

Thanks

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to ask how deep is the insulation in the attic?
Windows good ones or cold single pane ones?

Brother in law had the same issue in a couple rooms in his 1984 built house in Yukon OK.
I was there to help him with a leak in the floor from the frozen outside faucet that faced north.

I cut an access hole in the sheet rock and found out why his rooms were so cold.
There were bricks on the outside of the house then 2x4's then sheetrock.
No plywood no insulation no vapor barrier.
Sheetrock nailed to 2x4's then the bricks.

You could walk around and measure temps of walls and ceilings with a temp gun.

If you keep doors closed in those rooms and the carpet seals the doors well you can't pull air from those rooms back to the return.

12x12 room needs about 144cfm more than that with leaky windows.
Normally an 8" duct will heat and cool a bedroom or if 2 registers are used then two 6" ducts.

That was my learning years ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom