Any gun shows coming up in December?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny thing: my gf and I were at the Wanenmacher show a couple years ago. We saw a new-to-us Sig 365 on a dealer’s table. I don’t recall the price tag while we were handling the pistol, but I remarked to my gf that it seemed high. She pulled out her cell phone, and the dealer immediately took the Sig back from me, cabled it back up, and walked away.
Then he is a Idiot, and probably an A-Hole in other aspects of his life.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last gun I bought at a gun show was a S&W M&P Shield EZ 9. Bought it from a dealer. Checked online, and as I remember it was almost $60 less than Academy's price. You guys are going way out of your way to criticize something that isn't universally true. You have to watch, but there are sometimes good deals at gun shows.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last gun I bought at a gun show was a S&W M&P Shield EZ 9. Bought it from a dealer. Checked online, and as I remember it was almost $60 less than Academy's price. You guys are going way out of your way to criticize something that isn't universally true. You have to watch, but there are sometimes good deals at gun shows.
Absolutely. I bought my Ruger LCP Max for $30 less than any other store from a dealer at a gun show. Like anything, you have to do your due diligence and know what things go for.
Yes there are allot of people over pricing things at gun shows, but when I take my time and scour I usually find some good deals.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just came back from the Claude Hall show, seen some insane prices. Ammo was ridiculously overpriced on every table. Shouldn't have wasted my money getting in. Seen a new Colt Python for $1799+ tax, I had just went by H&H this morning and they had the same gun for $1499. I mean it's not even in the same ballpark, price gouging at its finest.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also went into the OKC show this afternoon. Prices were way too high. I asked one if he was having a good show. His reply was that he hadn't sold a thing. I told him to leave for a few minutes and look at prices at H&H and he would understand why he wasn't selling. I did enjoy walking around and looking at some old pieces. I don't dislike the new models, but I sure like seeing old ones. (Guns Rick, not girls)

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amen to that.
You sure have to know what you're looking at.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also went into the OKC show this afternoon. Prices were way too high. I asked one if he was having a good show. His reply was that he hadn't sold a thing. I told him to leave for a few minutes and look at prices at H&H and he would understand why he wasn't selling. I did enjoy walking around and looking at some old pieces. I don't dislike the new models, but I sure like seeing old ones. (Guns Rick, not girls)
No to hijack the gun show thread, but how does Cabela's stay in business?
Their prices have done passed H&H a runnin'.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you see all the ammo as you came in the door? Looked like it had been in a flood and then hauled to gunshow's for the last 20 years or so, it was sky high. I just laughed as I walked by.

RLSanders

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gosh I miss the days of crowded shows with lots of parts and guns. There were people walking around with signs hanging off their backs saying what they wanted to buy or sell. There were even those tiny cap gun-like things that actually fired. Now you have to weave through tables with stuffed animals, scented candles, jewelry, action figures, etc.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to the one at Choctaw today and was surprised there were more older rifles than new there and this was the worse show they have ever had so far

Latest posts

Top Bottom