Any horror stories of experiences with a gun manufacturer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wish I could say I’ve had an issue with a gun manufacturer but to be honest most the guns I buy I never end up trying so I never find out if they even function. :wave:

Hate to say it, but I really hope we can keep it that way --- these are some complex times we are currently traversing.

Mr E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hate to hear this. I've been hearing of some QC issues here and there.

What model is it? Got any pictures?
EZ Shield. And yeah, here's one. Thankfully there was a gunsmith at the location and he looked it over, said there was a fluke in its production cause he/we could see rust where it was cracked, so this defect was there since the gun was made.

Edit: It still racks and everything just fine, which's why I'm sure the repair line didn't even look at it. I'm just baffled how they didn't notice it was missing one of the guides for the slide! And like I mentioned in my letter, what would happen if the other one broke off if we had rushed out and used it thinking it was repaired? Even the second customer service rep took an urgent and serious tone telling me "Do NOT use that gun." when I told him the same scenario. Just...blows my mind that such a big company would fail so hard.

Attachments

• Brok.jpg
    Brok.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 57

Mr E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but I really hope we can keep it that way --- these are some complex times we are currently traversing.

This concern is precisely why I wanted to try mine and my spouses out. We didn't want to be in a life or death situation and find out too late their was something wrong with a firearm.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
EZ Shield. And yeah, here's one. Thankfully there was a gunsmith at the location and he looked it over, said there was a fluke in its production cause he/we could see rust where it was cracked, so this defect was there since the gun was made.

Edit: It still racks and everything just fine, which's why I'm sure the repair line didn't even look at it. I'm just baffled how they didn't notice it was missing one of the guides for the slide! And like I mentioned in my letter, what would happen if the other one broke off if we had rushed out and used it thinking it was repaired? Even the second customer service rep took an urgent and serious tone telling me "Do NOT use that gun." when I told him the same scenario. Just...blows my mind that such a big company would fail so hard.
Thanks for the info. For some reason I thought it might be the EZ. That was the first model that came to mind.

I guess from all the reading I do on gun forums and such, my brain just subconsciously picked that model first from all the gun problem files that are buried in there somewhere.

Yes it is a bit of a "Mr. E" as to why they would send something like that out.

I hope they get you fixed up.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
S&W QC is not so great. There are rampant stories and I've seen first hand how their barrel on the revolvers are overclocked or underclocked. The ratchet /hand interface on new guns are HORRIBLE (@Bidenisabum)

Mr E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. For some reason I thought it might be the EZ. That was the first model that came to mind.

I guess from all the reading I do on gun forums and such, my brain just subconsciously picked that model first from all the gun problem files that are buried in there somewhere.

Yes it is a bit of a "Mr. E" as to why they would send something like that out.

I hope they get you fixed up.
In your experience, think there's any valid reason to include a letter explaining the situation in detail and begging them to be more careful? Or are they more likely to see the letter and throw it away with zero flips to give?

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In your experience, think there's any valid reason to include a letter explaining the situation in detail and begging them to be more careful? Or are they more likely to see the letter and throw it away with zero flips to give?
IMHO: Zero flips. The person that gets it will go "awwwww" and not have anywhere to send it that will listen or care.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It wouldn't hurt. You just might get someone to pay more attention but in reality it probably won't make a difference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom