Any Metal Detectors Out There?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had planned to build my own detector, but life kinda got in the

I had planned to build my own detector, but life kinda got in the way. :/
Just buy one. There is no way to DIY for a quality detector. (Unless you are David Johnson (engineer of Gold Bug II)) :)

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m in Muskogee and always need a metal detecting buddy.

As soon as I get my health issues figured out, I may take you up on that! Hopefully, that will be later this year or early next.

It's hard finding someone to go with, and I hate going alone. I live in Bull Hollow (Kenwood Indian reserve in Delaware Co.) and there are tons of areas right here around my house. There are old homesteads that have long been gone, and there is even an old school that was torn down in the mid part of last century. There are also some freshwater springs that were marked on maps in the late 1800's, so I know they were utilized frequently. I have permission to hunt all of them, but I'm a novice to detecting and really have no clue what I'm doing.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's see your finds!

images[10].jpg

I found this English two pounds in a schoolyard in Wichita.

ORPHAN ANNIE 1936-1.JPG

This Little Orphan Annie badge was found at an old homesite I can't remember where.
It decodes the message "Drink more Ovaltine"

small dime.jpg

I found this small dime at a schoolyard in OKC. I was letting my friends see it in the cafe while I went to the restroom.
When I came back the friends were at the counter and the dimes were scooped up as a tip.
Still can't find out anything about it. I'm glad I took this grainy picture first.

QUARTERSHALVESDOLLARS w arrow.JPG

Anyone see what Poo is pointing to? That was also found in a schoolyard in OKC.
The round thing to the left of Poo and above the cross is a part of a Grand Army of the Republic medal for attending the Topeka reunion.
It's a Civil War Canteen and was attached to a ribbon I have since lost. I found that in a parking lot in El Reno.
SILVER DIMES QUARTERS.JPG
TOYS.JPG

One year's finds.

Last edited:

Jack Johnson

GOD, GUNS, and GUTS made AMERICA GREAT
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I got my first metal detector in early 70s, I was real young and my dad used to take me all over the state with our D-Tex metal detectors. Guys I've got stories you wouldn't believe. My dad was one of the first treasure hunters on Oklahoma. We were the first one in a lot of OKC parks, schools, churches, old bus stops and we cleaned them out. We were the first ones to wrap our detectors in plastic trash bags and hit the swimming beaches of Oklahoma and we cleaned them out. I can't even begin to describe all the silver coins and jewelry we found. Buckets full. Unfortunately my dad died when I was 13 and that pretty much ended my treasure hunting days. I now have a teenage son and I bought a Garrett Ace 250 for him and I'm looking for a Garrett AT/Pro and I hope to relive some of the glory days I spent with my dad but there just isn't the opportunity now that we had when I was young. The most exciting thing we find now are lost arrows in the yard after target practice. Maybe someday.......By the way, I do know the location of an old amusement park that was closed I believe in the 1930s. Located next to a river where in 1980 a local treasure hunter found a $20 gold piece. As far as I know it's never been detected due to private land owner not giving permission. Legend has it that in the teens and twenties a restaurant was adjacent to a small lake and patrons would throw their change into the lake for good luck. What a gold mine that would be if you were able to detect there. Anyone know the park I'm hinting about?

Latest posts

Top Bottom