Any Metal Detectors Out There?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Garrett AT Pro and really like it. Its been a number of years since I've gone out but have thought often about getting back into it once i move to OK next month. Yep, i need to get back into it. I even have a high dollar sand scoop I could use in the winter on some of the lake beaches in the area.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Garrett AT Pro and really like it. Its been a number of years since I've gone out but have thought often about getting back into it once i move to OK next month. Yep, i need to get back into it. I even have a high dollar sand scoop I could use in the winter on some of the lake beaches in the area.
If in the Lawton area let me know.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, necro posting here. But I had a need to find the boundary pins on my city lot, so rather than pay almost a grand for a professional surveyor I bought a Nokta/Macro Simplex +. Not very expensive and fairly capable machine. Found the rebar pins and now I'm looking for something else to do with it (retired hobby?). I found some trash and a penny so far just playing around in my yard trying to learn the ropes of the machine. Not as easy as I had hoped. The city of Tulsa has some pretty onerous regs including getting a permit for city parks, except no digging tools are allowed (wtf?). So where do you go? Do you join a club and blindly follow along?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jase Robertson (of Duck Commander and the Duck Dynasty TV show) is an avid treasure hunter. He has mentioned several times on their podcast that he has been shooting a TV show about it, but I’m not sure if it’s in production or if they’re just trying to sell it to a network.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, necro posting here. But I had a need to find the boundary pins on my city lot, so rather than pay almost a grand for a professional surveyor I bought a Nokta/Macro Simplex +. Not very expensive and fairly capable machine. Found the rebar pins and now I'm looking for something else to do with it (retired hobby?). I found some trash and a penny so far just playing around in my yard trying to learn the ropes of the machine. Not as easy as I had hoped. The city of Tulsa has some pretty onerous regs including getting a permit for city parks, except no digging tools are allowed (wtf?). So where do you go? Do you join a club and blindly follow along?
Must be a recent thing because I have detected all over T Town without any permit and I have a shovel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom