Any Metal Detectors Out There?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's a really good BBC show on Prime (I think) called "The Detectorists". It's a British comedy about a couple of buddies who belong to a metal detecting club. If you like British TV this is a great series.
Me and my wife watched that series and really enjoyed it. I wish that they'd come out with more episodes.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any place with the old open style bleachers where stuff can be dropped (lol, any of those left?) should be good, especially after an event (rodeos, etc.). Picnic/camping/boat ramp areas, beaches, schoolyards, stadium grounds, fairgrounds, courthouse lawns, around old homesteads & barns, etc. (where legal). Basically, anywhere people congegrate (or used to), or well-traveled paths.

Luck. :thumb:
___

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish there were old coins around here like the Hoover boys find. The oldest coin I've ever found around here was an 1865 2cent piece in drainage ditch in OKC.

I found a Spanish 2 Reale under a sidewalk in Dover next to the Chisholm Trail.

1652063318173.jpeg

Your guess is as good as mine as to the date.

I have also plotted where I have found rings. You will note the most are around athletic field's perimeters.

1652063991840.png

Last edited:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me and my wife watched that series and really enjoyed it. I wish that they'd come out with more episodes.

I never thought I'd enjoy a series about guys that played with metal detectors. But the acting, dialog, character development and everything else about that series was some of the best I've EVER seen. I'm with you...wish they'd come out with more seasons.

Very fun, very wholesome entertainment. Seriously...if you haven't seen it you owe it to yourself to give it a try.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might find a bucket of these and let me know. Maybe one of you guys find one of the 1600 and 50 or so chests of Spanish gold buried here in Oklahoma. You know the one buried by robbers in the bottom of a creek, with a hunting knife on top of it, pointing West, to a rock with three arrows carved on it between a gap in two mountains,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

1910 indian.jpg

Last edited:

Jack Johnson

GOD, GUNS, and GUTS made AMERICA GREAT
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Might find a bucket of these and let me know. Maybe one of you guys find one of the 1600 and 50 or so chests of Spanish gold buried here in Oklahoma. You know the one buried by robbers in the bottom of a creek, with a hunting knife on top of it, pointing West, to a rock with three arrows carved on it between a gap in two mountains,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

View attachment 271177
Ah, yes, Coronados' gold, you would think one of those reality treasure hunt shows would do one in Oklahoma. I remember reading about the gold buried in oklahoma in Treasure magazine when I was a kid in the 70s.

Jcelt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found a Spanish 2 Reale under a sidewalk in Dover next to the Chisholm Trail.

View attachment 271174
Your guess is as good as mine as to the date.

I have also plotted where I have found rings. You will note the most are around athletic field's perimeters.

View attachment 271178
Those are great finds ! Are those soccer fields? I have started hitting some baseball parks around the bleachers and playgrounds. I haven’t found any gold or silver yet, just newer coins and costume jewelry. Would these perimeter finds be from spectators? I don’t know much about soccer or open field sports, looks like I need to expand my territory. Thanks.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are great finds ! Are those soccer fields? I have started hitting some baseball parks around the bleachers and playgrounds. I haven’t found any gold or silver yet, just newer coins and costume jewelry. Would these perimeter finds be from spectators? I don’t know much about soccer or open field sports, looks like I need to expand my territory. Thanks.
I would think that they were from players that didn't want to lose their stuff while playing. The stuff was placed in handkerchiefs or sacks but forgot about the stuff or lost them when they picked them up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom