Any of you'se dirt fish?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lets talk. I moved to OK recently and have only been out once. I cleaned the HOA park got $.37 will donate it to the church in the spring coin collection.

I have a Garret AT Pro. I bought it mainly for finding my lost cannon balls at the farm I shot at in Montana. Here are the results of my very first dig.

www.fototime.com_732578637AB138E_medium800.jpg

Still trying figure out fishing tackle out in the middle of a stubble field a long ways from any lake,

Are you a coin shooter or a relic hunter? Where the heck did you find a grenade fuse?

Where are you at, I am in Edmond. Maybe we can meet somewhere for coffee and talk.

NW OKC around the lake.

Ma and I HAVE to go car shopping today. I would really like to talk to you though.
Yeah the grenade fuse was at the school at 10th and I 35. Along with bullets and pictures of shotgun blasts into the metal covering the windows. Tough neighborhood.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
What detector do you use?

Whites XLT

Ever dig up Hot Wheels?

Allatime!

Going out today Fort Sill/Lawton.

I hope not the range :explode:

A friend from HS does it around the OK/KS border area where the Cherokee Strip Land Run started in 1893. He's shown me a few of those artifacts and has multiple boxes in his garage. Some junk, some really interesting.

Up by Kiowa? I used to live up there.

There used to be a treasure hunting show on tv called 'Diggers' that I'd watch sometimes and I always thought that it would be fun to try.

I'm assuming that the two fellas in the show probably had top of the line ($$$) detectors plus each one had a small hand held pin point detector that they would stick in the hole to locate smaller objects that the larger unit had found.

I'm not looking to second mortgage the house but then again I'd like to have a descent mid priced to upper end detector and pointer......what brand names and models should I be looking at ?

Whites, Garrett, are the top two. Go to kellyco website for more.

Fishing tackle in the middle of the field could be the tackle box opened up like latch snagged on something and spilled all the goodies inside.
Tilling the ground will allow the tackle to move to different areas than where it was dropped so you could find it scattered in a large area or all in a pile.

Yeah back then the tool box for the tractor was also the tackle box.
Lets talk. I moved to OK recently and have only been out once. I cleaned the HOA park got $.37 will donate it to the church in the spring coin collection.

You need some more coinage then.

I have a Garret AT Pro. I bought it mainly for finding my lost cannon balls at the farm I shot at in Montana. Here are the results of my very first dig.

www.fototime.com_732578637AB138E_medium800.jpg

Still trying figure out fishing tackle out in the middle of a stubble field a long ways from any lake,

Are you a coin shooter or a relic hunter? Where the heck did you find a grenade fuse?

Where are you at, I am in Edmond. Maybe we can meet somewhere for coffee and talk.

NW OKC around the lake.

Ma and I HAVE to go car shopping today. I would really like to talk to you though.
Yeah the grenade fuse was at the school at 10th and I 35. Along with bullets and pictures of shotgun blasts into the school doors and windows. Tough neighborhood.

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There used to be a treasure hunting show on tv called 'Diggers' that I'd watch sometimes and I always thought that it would be fun to try.

I'm assuming that the two fellas in the show probably had top of the line ($$$) detectors plus each one had a small hand held pin point detector that they would stick in the hole to locate smaller objects that the larger unit had found.

I'm not looking to second mortgage the house but then again I'd like to have a descent mid priced to upper end detector and pointer......what brand names and models should I be looking at ?
You don't need to spend a fortune. I went to a metal detecting contest one time with a $100 Bounty Hunter, and beat out people with $1000 units. Matter of fact I have a brand new in the box Garrett ACE 250 for sale that I won in a contest.
https://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_ace_250_main_en.aspx
Free training.
It's not always about the finds, it's a great excuse to get out of the house or to make somebody's day. The other night a MD'er found a class ring that had a name on it. They tracked down the family to return it. (The actual owner had actually died recently.) Karma points.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Bounty Hunter DE 280 that I just inherited. Actually was putting it together just now to try in the yard and found Grandma had left batteries in it... has two battery packs, ones broke. Cant use it without, so I am calling them Monday to see if I can get a replacement part.

Latest posts

Top Bottom