Any Old Tool Collectors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not only thinning down on Guns, but going through two different homes and several Roll Tool Boxes too. Found these three Old Snap On Ratchets. Any value? $50 a piece be fair? All 3 work perfect.

D3B5C752-4B2E-49C8-9C8A-4006D2F54DC9.jpeg

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Whoa! No wonder they make you in charge around here! You have all the needed knowledges!

Thanks! I have a ton of OLD OLD tools!

If I brought in one of those old ones that was broke My snap on guy would give me a brand new model for replacement. Not sure if the older snap on stuff has collectible value though. Might want to keep them instead of selling them to cheap.. or break them and get a new model then sell. 😉🤫

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
eBay shows each going for $30-45 at best. If you’re trying to make some cash off them, I would break them and take them to the snap on guy. If he’s halfway decent he will replace with new, which is worth 2x-3x what these are.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
IDK if I’d intentionally break them to collect on a new more valuable tool, sounds like stealing to me.

Very cool old tools. I think you’re right on at around $50 knowing you’ll likely have to drop $5-$10.
It sounds like stealing, but after buying stuff off the tool truck, you've paid for it, for sure. Some of that stuff isnt cheap, I have a $1000 Snap-on ratchet, and while its nice, I doubt its worth $1000, even with the lifetime warranty. The broken tool exchange also doesn't come out of the tool guys pocket in the end, if I remember right.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
It sounds like stealing, but after buying stuff off the tool truck, you've paid for it, for sure. Some of that stuff isnt cheap, I have a $1000 Snap-on ratchet, and while its nice, I doubt its worth $1000, even with the lifetime warranty. The broken tool exchange also doesn't come out of the tool guys pocket in the end, if I remember right.

It does not. The only time It comes out of his pocket I think is if he’s being generous and gives you a replacement power tool that you broke. Those are supposed to be sent off and repaired, I think you pay for the repair.

Hand tools though are always replaced. Even a pry bar you put a cheater on. Or a pipe wrench you put a cheater on… or a screwdriver you used as a pry bar…

Latest posts

Top Bottom