Any other motorcycle riders here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
I sold my Harley Roadking way back in'05 because a medical issue made me unable to ride. Ended up with a total hip replacement in '18 which pretty well cured all of my back pain and leg numbness that sidelined me. Autumn of 2019 ended with me tearing up both my shoulders which saw me under the knife for shoulder surgery 3 times in 2020.
This year after making it through all of 2021 with out any significant body parts trying to fall off or internal organs just trying kill me outright I decided it was time to get back in the saddle.
Last week I picked up a new 2022 BMW R 1250RT.
Absolutely awesome machine.
After 25+ years as a Harley guy I have zero regrets about going with a BMW.

See ya on the road!

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes sir. My life long Hobby. Currently on a VTX1800, but looking for my next Goldwing. I keep a few bikes to ride, but do the distance on the Wings. I have owned and ridden a few BMW’s too, couple K75’s, one K1100. Good bikes, they like the maintenance, but good bikes.

Last edited:

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a 2012 Roadking and loved it. I sold it in 2018 after too many encounters and near death experiences with distracted drivers looking at their cell phone while driving. OKC is no place to ride a motorcycle. If I were to buy another bike, I’d definitely be considering the BMW or the Goldwing.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
i just bike around for fun and the occasional city commute. craigslist had a dirt cheap '86 suzuki 185 2 stroke trail bike that if things had lined up i would have jumped on. looks like its gone now, but i'm always looking for cheap fun bikes.

really big, really fast bikes aren't fun to me. i have never felt compelled to do 200-300 highway miles on a motorcycle, it's just not fun for me. even at my age i get the buttlock and tingly limbs. so i just putt around lakes and parks and enjoy my 70 mpg.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sold my Harley Roadking way back in'05 because a medical issue made me unable to ride. Ended up with a total hip replacement in '18 which pretty well cured all of my back pain and leg numbness that sidelined me. Autumn of 2019 ended with me tearing up both my shoulders which saw me under the knife for shoulder surgery 3 times in 2020.
This year after making it through all of 2021 with out any significant body parts trying to fall off or internal organs just trying kill me outright I decided it was time to get back in the saddle.
Last week I picked up a new 2022 BMW R 1250RT.
Absolutely awesome machine.
After 25+ years as a Harley guy I have zero regrets about going with a BMW.

See ya on the road!
I ride. Not as much as I use to. Have a couple Harleys in the garage. My old 04 Fatboy and my 2012 Roadking Classic which is old now. Love em both. May upgrade to a M8 whenever I wear out the King.

Been riding street bikes since I was 15 and that’s been 31 years now. I’ve owned some metric scoots over the years. Had a 2002 Kowasaki drifter 1500 that was a fast little pony. A Mitsubishi phone zombie ended her and almost me. Like you there was some reassembly involved.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at a Triumph scrambler or Bonneville for around town and short trips to quit driving my GMC so much. I had eye surgery and can see good now so I wouldnt mind riding a little.
I had a race Buell and a 93 FXR for many years, sold them when my eyesight got bad. I miss my FXR alot, an old HA friend willed it to me when Vietnam finally killed him.
RIP Monterey Pops HAMC AFFA, 1st Sgt 101st Airborne jumpmaster, Ranger, Green Beret, Silver Star at Trung Luong 1966.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1599394288559.jpg
    FB_IMG_1599394288559.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 17

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a semi chopper Honda 750 for a very, very short time back in the mid-70s. To be honest, the road rash lasted longer than the bike and I have not been back on a bike since. Pot, an inexperienced rider, and what at the time was a big bike do not mix well.

Last edited:

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On my 4th bike now. Went from a ‘95 CBR 600, to a ‘07 Suzuki GS500F, to a ‘07 Kawasaki Ninja 650, and now on a 2015 Triumph Bonneville. Didn’t care for the sportbike riding positions so ended up riding standards. Saw a deal for my Bonnie and snatched it up with only 2500 miles. Need to figure out a better way of getting in and out of the garage but should be out and about more often if the weather stays nice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom