any other okies see bigfoot? anyone want to throw rocks at me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty_stud

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i was hiking around the back of chandler park near sand springs the last few weeks and strange stuff was happening... saw shapes moving through the woods i heard stuff falling near the trail and figured it was tree nuts or something, but sounded heavier. eventually i hiked way back into these dirt bike trails and heard growling of some kind that seemed very low frequency like lower than human but it sounded like talking or something, so i retreated and as i was about to finally exit the woods something huge and gray walked from the side of the trail to further back into the woods. it was about 8.5 feet tall and it's strides were so large it was out of sight in just a few steps... i drew my .45 and kept it on the thing but it was evening and dark and i only had 3 shots left from target shooting/plinking. this is not a Moncho story... i've never been so terrified. as it walked away it hit the trees with a log or staff and made these hollow tapping noises. i'm wondering if any other people have seen bigfoot around here since i'm almost positive that's what it was. agian... the thing was huge and walked like a man, but was covered in dark grey hair... i almost shat myself, but it didn't bother me and i ran back to my vehicle. :loser: if you wanna make fun of me go ahead. i made it easy that's for sure.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No offense to anyone here but those that make fun of others personal experience are just small minded individuals. I may not believe in Bigfoot but I try to keep an open mind, especially since new species of plants and animals are discovered almost daily.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am open-minded about this myself.
About five or six years ago, or a couple of years or so before I moved down here from Kansas, there was a rash of Bigfoot sightings in Grant County. One person who saw something was my cousin and it was right next to my farm. He said that he saw something that looked like a bear using a long stick to knock some hedge apples down from a high tree branch.
The story has its weaknesses, the primary one IMO being that my cousin, Jim, was slightly less than a quarter of a mile away, and he only has one eye, but his dad tells me that his eyesight in the eye is good.
There were two other sightings in the general area in that same time-frame as well. One was a railroad employee who saw something, and the other was near, IIRC, Pond Creek.
I believe that Jim saw something. Whether or not it was Bigfoot, I can't say. However, I will vouch for my cousin's sincerity.
No; I won't laugh at you.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm with Rick on this one. Being from the show-me state, I'm pretty quick to say I'll believe it when I see it, but that doesn't mean I fully discredit what someone tells me(unless I know them personally and know better). I can generally tell the difference between someone trying to garner attention and someone that firmly believes they did or saw something weird(not through the internet, mind you, in irl ftf talking).

It's like someone boasting about being a Navy Seal. People that really believe they saw something are generally going to keep quiet about it, and be very reticent about sharing that experience for fear of mockery. People that just want attention are going to go out of their way to get it(and I'm not saying you are here, you didn't go on a 2k word essay to make sure you covered all the details).

I personally believe there are a lot of things that we as people en masse do not know or can not "see" anymore. I know this is a $hitty example, but one of my favorite movies for an example of this is Hellboy 2. Why would anything, that has the ability to conceal itself, put up with us as one of the biggest examples of a crappy race? I know I wouldn't.

There are a lot of myths that I also don't think can be just explained as make-believe stories to scare your kids. Dragons go back thousands of years, beyond medieval times, to both the Asiatic countries and European countries, well before they had contact with each other or well before Western culture saw live komodo examples.

There is only one book that I ever read that I believe could possibly explain it, and I have even read of similar rl experiences in the area that the book takes place in, some well after it was written. The author is the only author that I wouldn't discredit either, as he spent massive amounts of time researching the locales and background for his books, interviewing locals when he could, and going into the country when he was able to. If you want a good read, pick up "The Haunted Mesa", by Louis L'Amour, and see what you think.

I don't care if I get labeled a nutjob. It's like Rick says imo. People can be pretty narrow minded individuals(and I am NOT bashing religion here, please don't start that), but they can then go on to say that they firmly believe that Adam and Eve started the entire world's population, and Jesus walked on water.

As always, this is JMO, YMMV.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to admit that while I was reading your story I kept waiting for the punch line. But hey, I wasn't there so who am I? I never bought into bigfoot, but almost kinda wish I was proven wrong.

As far as I'm concerned, if you saw it, then you saw it. It would be spooky!

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm open minded but given that it was Chandler Park, I'm betting it was actually this guy...

awww.litpark.com_wp_content_uploads_2006_11_Ron_Jeremy.jpg

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
never know when or where you may see something weird or unexplainable. i would have been freakin out and would have ran my a$$ back to my vehicle pronto! if i were u, i would go back with a couple friends and see if u can get some pictures or video of this thing. and take weapons of course! lol.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom