any other okies see bigfoot? anyone want to throw rocks at me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhawknokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lived in the Seattle area for 18 years and that was a major bigfoot area. I've always thought it was a BS tale. But you have to think about those silverback gorillas that were found in africa a while back when nobody thought they existed. I wouldn't be too shocked if there was some sort of monkey or ape species in the U.S., but coming from different parts of the country that are much more wooded, I am always a little skeptical of big foot sightings in the great plain states.

Isha's Pa Pa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i was hiking around the back of chandler park near sand springs the last few weeks and strange stuff was happening... saw shapes moving through the woods i heard stuff falling near the trail and figured it was tree nuts or something, but sounded heavier. eventually i hiked way back into these dirt bike trails and heard growling of some kind that seemed very low frequency like lower than human but it sounded like talking or something, so i retreated and as i was about to finally exit the woods something huge and gray walked from the side of the trail to further back into the woods. it was about 8.5 feet tall and it's strides were so large it was out of sight in just a few steps... i drew my .45 and kept it on the thing but it was evening and dark and i only had 3 shots left from target shooting/plinking. this is not a Moncho story... i've never been so terrified. as it walked away it hit the trees with a log or staff and made these hollow tapping noises. i'm wondering if any other people have seen bigfoot around here since i'm almost positive that's what it was. agian... the thing was huge and walked like a man, but was covered in dark grey hair... i almost shat myself, but it didn't bother me and i ran back to my vehicle. :loser: if you wanna make fun of me go ahead. i made it easy that's for sure.

Was an illegal substance involved ? Sounds like you smoked a big ole hooter
heard some noise and got scared and just thought you saw big foot . sounds
like to much maryjane and started seeing things .. LOL I'm Kidding of course

Yaaahhh!!!

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am open-minded about this myself.
About five or six years ago, or a couple of years or so before I moved down here from Kansas, there was a rash of Bigfoot sightings in Grant County. One person who saw something was my cousin and it was right next to my farm. He said that he saw something that looked like a bear using a long stick to knock some hedge apples down from a high tree branch.
The story has its weaknesses, the primary one IMO being that my cousin, Jim, was slightly less than a quarter of a mile away, and he only has one eye, but his dad tells me that his eyesight in the eye is good.
There were two other sightings in the general area in that same time-frame as well. One was a railroad employee who saw something, and the other was near, IIRC, Pond Creek.
I believe that Jim saw something. Whether or not it was Bigfoot, I can't say. However, I will vouch for my cousin's sincerity.
No; I won't laugh at you.

I live in Grant County and remember this "rash" that you refer to. I had a Bigfoot encounter myself about 3 years ago. A couple of friends and myself loaded up to go do a little noodling in late July when the Salt Fork was pretty low. We have a couple of good junk piles and some trot lines just east of Pond Creek. We checked our first trot line and it was completely empty. No bait or anything. We knew something was "fishy". When we came around the first bend east of town, we spotted an 8' tall hairy ape-like figure with a calico coat walking down the sand bar toward our next hole. By the time we caught up with him, he had already pulled a 35 lb flathead. When we got within earshot I yelled "Doing any good?". He replied with a low pitched growl and a scream like I had never heard before. I will never forget the stench emitted from that hot wet squatch. As he came out of the hole, we realized that he was wearing cut-off jean shorts and had a 6 pack of Bud heavy tied to one of his belt loops. He disappeared into the dense river bottom forest, and we lost his trail. Anyhow, I have a garage full of plaster casts from the prints that he left in that sandbar. Pretty freaky. I submitted a report and some of my plaster casts to the local game warden, and there is an ongoing investigation. He's out there fellas... Like it or not!

Latest posts

Top Bottom